Problems with a new seller

I am having a problem with a new seller on ebay.  The item, a camera lens, was bought and paid for on July 10th in full including shipping costs.  Within a day, the seller began to demand that I travel to Cambridge Ontario to pick up the lens as they didn't want to worry me with shipping delays.  I pointed out that I had paid for shipping and instead was given a story about how I had won the item for too little money .  A day later I was told that he didn't understand shipping in Ontario but he would figure it out soon.  The next day I was told that I needed to contact him in Cambridge to discuss shipping the item.  Today I was told that he refused to ship it as my address was a mystery, unverified, and that ebay had warned him that I was an untrustworthy buyer and to beware of shipping to me.  He has continued to call my phone number asking for more money for ebay fees and taxes which he paid on the original item when he bought it several months ago.  I am now being told that I am a drama artist - which ebay also apparently informed him of - and that he does not feel the need to return my money as is it now only covers the time he has spent dealing with this case and not the item.  He has also informed me today, both by ebay messaging and on the phone, that since my reputation on ebay is based on book buying I am not qualified to talk about shipping camera lenses and therefore should be ignored as a drama queen.  He also continues to call my phone number which I have repeatedly requested that he stop doing as I am not sending more money or travelling an hour from my home after paying for the item and shipping to discuss the matter with him.  I have opened a case through paypal, and so ebay resolution center does not seem to be useable to me to help stop the messages and report the user.  I need some assistance in this matter.   

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Sort of greedly seller.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

First, you can make paragraphs by hitting your Enter key.

You bought and paid for a camera including shipping.

The seller has not shipped.

You have opened a PP dispute.

I assume the Dispute is for Item Not Received?

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping , delivery) you will be refunded.

It may take a day or so.

For the rest, well:

IQ of population.jpg

He can't demand more money for shipping.

He can't demand that you pick up the item.

(You have to wonder why he wants an unhappy, indeed angry, customer to show up on his doorstep.)

(You don't happen to have a large friend named Moose who owns a motorcycle?)

You can delete any Messages you get unread.

You can delete any emails you get unread.

You can ignore his phone calls, if you have call display.

You can delete his voicemails.

Let PP do its thing.

You are right , that starting with an eBay dispute would have been better, but I'm guessing that you didn't want to wait out the delay?

The PP disputes seem pretty well integrated with eBay and you should be able to leave feedback after your refund.

The most effective FB is calm and factual.

'Refused to ship, demanded more money" about covers the situation.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I think you've been given sound advice from other members on this but I'll add one more thing: tell this (incredibly stupid) person that if he continues to make phone calls to you, that you will report him to his local police for criminal harassment. And consider doing just that. Log the calls, log the messages, research the peace bond process in your jurisdiction.

And report him to ebay.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply