Recieved a lot of fake seed for my purchase, ebay won't give me contact info

Ebay conveniently won't let me leave feedback or contact sellers that sent me wrong seeds because it was outside of time limit. Thing is, you can only plant seeds at certain times of the year.

One guy, promised me he will send me more seeds then said he is in hospital and will send them when he is out and then of course ebay time expired so he was off the hook

Another couple of sellers sent me weed seeds instead of succulents and lithops. Reviews say other people recieved weeds too. I just got enough light to plant them and weeds came up, ebay won't help me.

How do I get ebay to help and protect against fake sales?

Need help.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You have up to 180 days from payment to open a Not As Described dispute with Paypal.

The PP Resolution Centre is on your PP account page under Tools.

Thing is, you can only plant seeds at certain times of the year.

Wouldn't it make sense to buy those seeds closer to the time of planting?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

When  buying time sensitive plant or seed products, always buy from established reputable dealers.  It's also advisable to buy as locally as possible so you are able to find what's right for your zone.  Ask questions from the sellers before buying.  Honest sellers welcome questions.

Aside, there is no way ebay can know what's in the package you get.  Seeds, roots and bulbs are a always a surprise to gardeners, once they grow.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I bought some pink daffodils from my local garden centre last fall and they came up white.

At least the deer didn't eat them.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Countries tend to have restrictions on what plant material can be imported as some species if introduced are invasive. Canadian customs may have some advice on bio-hazards.

Selling improbable seed such as green roses is a well known fraud on ebay, by the time they flower it is alays too late.

As suggested, stick to established and reputable dealers.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply