Recieved only partial refund and now I can’t open a case.

wrenchy
Community Member

I purchased three like items in different sizes in April. The seller was in China and offered free shipping so of course it was going to take a few months to get to Canada. The estimated delivery date was July 11, so even though items from another Chinese seller showed up a month ago, I had to wait to take action. On July 12 I filed an “item not received claim”, the seller contacted me and offered replacing the items, I declined and asked for a refund. The next day I received a refund, but for only one of the three items. All three share the same listing number so the case is now marked closed. I can’t do anything through the resolution page now. I’ve contacted the seller and they’re just jerking me around. “Dear friend, you don’t need it now?” I said “I’m not waiting anymore, refund please.” Today it was “Dear friend, tracking shows it was delivered, check your post office”. Tracking shows it was recieved in China, nothing else. 

Does anyone know how I can get eBay to help me get the rest of my money back from this character?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Recieved only partial refund and now I can’t open a case.

offered free shipping so of course it was going to take a few months

Nope.

Most honest Chinese sellers use cheap shipping, but they offset that with the costs of refunds.

EBay gives you a last date for delivery. You have 30 days after that date to open a Dispute and get a refund.

I received a refund, but for only one of the three items. ...and they’re just jerking me around. 

While there does seem to be a language problem here, my suggestion is to forget eBay and open another Dispute in Paypal.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page.

Ignore the suggestion that you contact the seller and escalate to a Claim on the second item you bought.

If that doesn't work, because you received the partial refund, go to the credit card you back your PP account with, and ask the 1-800 number  about a chargeback for the rest of your payment.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply