Royal Mail To Canada

Hello,  I have a tracked with signature package   ( I realize Canada Post is not taking signatures) that was

posted in UK on April 15.   Two weeks later on April 30 the tracking said the item was handed

over to an International Partner  and was leaving the UK.  No tracking info. since.  The Ebay

delivery expected date was May 15.  Do Royal Mail ship by air or sea ?  At any rate I was expecting

it to at least have arrived in Canada.  Anyone else in this same situation ?  I know postage is slower these days, but how slow ?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Royal Mail To Canada

Im going to post a similar question I think re; the US as Im wondering how my fellow sellers are experiencing at this point.  I did have a tracked item from the US shipped early May did the same thing: domestic it was tracked, but as soon as it left the US it went poof from the tracking map, just like yours.  Not sure why or how this happened. It did show up on my doorstep a little later than expected but it did appear.  

I would expect Royal Mail to be coming over by air but I dont know for sure - it appears to me our stuff is getting over there via airmail as it's being delivered with minimal delays given what I have heard anecdotally - that's what Ive heard of course, Im interested in hearing from others who may have different experiences.  

PS Im still waiting on something from the US I ordered on April 14 so while that doesn't make your situation any better I'm in a similar boat with one item I ordered way closer to home than the UK.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Royal Mail To Canada

It's unlikely but if your seller used Registered Mail, this is a legacy service that nowadays only tracks domestically.  The newer services like First Class International Package and Priority are truly tracked.

Another point is that some "tracked " services are really only Delivery Confirmed. They are noted as accepted and noted as delivered, but in between not necessarily. Before The Plague, most of those were scanned at every stop (sometimes incorrectly if there was a wrinkle at the barcode)  because it was easier to scan everything than to sort out those that didn't actually promise tracking. Today, the postal system is experiencing Christmas-level shipping, and I've seen reports of six times Christmas which may be hypothetical.

The important point for buyers and for sellers is that eBay has a Money Back Guarantee, Paypal has a Buyer Protection program and if a credit card backs the PP account there is probably a chargeback policy.

EBay is cutting some slack for speed of delivery, but I haven't had a problem recently, so I have managed to forget what it is.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Royal Mail To Canada

mcrlmn
Community Member
I've been waiting approx 7 weeks for a delivery via Royal Mail from the UK.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply