SELLER ON E-BAY SELLS ME INCORRECT ITEM AND I RETURN SAME

Please see attachment, I returned item to seller by regular post, Seller says for 3 weeks that he never received return. E-bay emails me that I am getting a refund. PayPal upon review refuses

me my big 22 Dollar refund, This confused me, I don't think I am no longer an E-Bay customer.

They give with one hand and take away with the other.  Thank you E-Bay

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Do you have tracking showing the item was delivered or just a postal receipt that you actually shipped something? Without on-line tracking showing it was delivered, you will most likely not win such a case. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Is this a repeat of a previous post? It sounds familiar.

Both eBay and Paypal insist on Proof of Delivery (not shipping, delivery) before they will force a refund.

If you used a slow shipping method* the return may not arrive for three months or more.

If you mean LetterPost was your shipping service, it is not trackable.

You could try opening a chargeback with the credit card you use to back your PP account.

* For example, if by Regular Post you mean you shipped overseas by Surface International.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

If the item was Not As Described, the Seller would be forced to pay Return postage. Did you open a case? Whose idea was it to ship back without tracking? If you can prove it was the seller’s idea to skimp on postage, they lose the right to require tracking that shows delivered prior to refund but this is an extenuating circumstance you can’t leave to the bots that open and close these cases to determine. You need human intervention from a breathing Customer Service Rep. Call.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

According to your attachment the note from ebay says that your refund was going to be credited to your original payment source so you must have opened an ebay claim. But I'm confused as to how Paypal got involved. If it was an ebay case and they have already made a decision, Paypal wouldn't also be asked to make a decision doesn't get to review the case.  Did you also open a case through Paypal?

How did you pay originally...did you pay with a credit card, from money already in your PP account or....?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I'm guessing that the buyer appealed the case and that ebay, not the seller refunded the buyer.  But I have no idea how PP got involved.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

The seller s business is half an hours drive from Toronto to Hamilton and I figured post was fine as it took 3 days for pkg to arrive. Therefore same time to return give or take?

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I paid by my bank account Thx

Message 8 of 8
latest reply