SUGGESTION: Ability to Filter Seller Feedback by Specific Item / Product

niobe52
Community Member

Hello,

Not sure if this has been suggested in the past but it would be very helpful if we could view feedback specifically received for a particular item / listing. This would help potential buyers to read feedback (e.g. regarding the quality / efficiency) of the listing / product they are considering purchasing before they make the purchase because currently, when one clicks on the sellers feedback profile, the person has to go through multiple pages before coming across feedback pertaining to the item they are looking to purchase.

Therefore, having the option to filter / view feedback pertaining specifically to the listing being viewed will be very helpful to buyers as well as encouraging sellers to sell higher quality items. I'm sure most buyers would agree.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Would the Reviews programme help this? I've never used it myself, but then I rarely buy here.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Would the Reviews programme help this? I've never used it myself, but then I rarely buy here.

what is the reviews program? 

I myself would love to sort by feedback, and probably for the exact opposite reason. I would search by the lowest rated with low feedback. So many of those sellers are inexperienced and get poor feedback either from being targeted or poor listings, but the product is often great.......and cheap. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hello 'niobe52',

There are so many improvements which, if implemented, would make ebay a much more efficient place

for buyers to use.  

*sigh*  . . .  We won't hold our breath. 

<< when one clicks on the sellers feedback profile, the person has to go through multiple pages before

coming across feedback pertaining to the item they are looking to purchase >>

The only thing I can think of doing, and you're probably doing it anyway, is when you look at the seller's feedback,

at the bottom right click to see 200 per page.  Then, from your computer keyboard  Ctrl F (or 'command F' if you

are on a Mac, I believe), and use a keyword unique to the item.

It's not much, and if you are looking over one of those tens-of-thousands of shooting-star feedback sellers, it could

take half the afternoon.

However, if a particular seller is hawking a product that consistently infuriates buyers, - if you have clicked on the

sellers negs and then neutrals and do a Ctrl F keyword search, it should take less time and be more revealing.

To my knowledge the excellent proposal you make is simply unavailable, . . . just like so many truly useful suggestions

that have come and gone over the years.

Who knows, if enough people inquire about such a thing, maybe one day we'll get to see it in place.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks very much for the tip, dmil8030 :-). And yep, fingers crossed that these suggestions will get implemented one day...
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@femmefan1946, what is the reviews program, if I might ask?
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi Guys,

There's a new search site for showing item specific feedback on eBay.

http://feedback.bineye.com/

Cheers,

David

Message 7 of 7
latest reply