Search results with no filters

Went to do some daily eBay searches and got this new search page where there's no options to filter on the left hand side.  Just my recently viewed items.  Anybody else seen this?  How do I get back to the older search results page.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I have not seen this but given history, I'd suggest it is a glitch. Can you log out, clear your cache/browser history, try again, and report back?

What system and browser are you using?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Things have changed on eBay.com.  What is shown in a search is "selected:" by eBay.  No link to sold items  or anything else in a left navigation column.

Looks like a "test option".... send feedback  to eBay.....

--------------------------

No change on eBay Canada

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Ew, I don’t like the sound of that at all.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Another difference noted on the dot com, side pickup is noted on the front page of a listing. On dot ca it is missing in action.

On dot Ca item listing: 401697060703

Details Display:  Ships from Canada

On dot COM item listing: 401697060703

Details Display: Ships from Canada/Free local pickup

When you go in to attempt to update the listing there is no option for including or not including pickup. Why the discrepancy on the dot-ca side? It should not be a one or the other situation.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

That view is horrible!

There are a few filters that you can put in at the top of the page but it's limited. Also, there was no way to see which other categories those key words would be found in.  And...no way to change the search view or to customize it.  I hope that it is just a temporary test.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

I'm not seeing the same thing that you are but the original post isn't about the differences between the 2 sites, it's about how the .com search page is missing quite a few of the usual features.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

My fear is all these, what appear to be very poorly thought out "Upgrades" being made on dot com are going to end up on dot ca at some unknown time and we will be again forced to live with them.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Do a search on eBay.com and you get everything associated  with that search.

Now go to the top left corner of the page  and click on.....  shop by category .... to the right of  that four color ebay logo....

and the left navigation column pops up....

------------------------------------------

You can start a search using that ... shop by category..... option...  where the left navigation column pops up

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@cumos55 

What you say is like going back to 'primitive' search. Not convenient at all, not a solution. That would be a big regression

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

A search is not an easy option on eBay.com.

New buyers to eBay will be very confused.    

What will be the effect on sales?

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

That could become the new normal on eBay. Old and new buyers becoming very frustrated in attempting any searches and then either going with the first item that fills their need or just going elsewhere. Constant change is not a solution.

-Lotz

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Advanced Search reveals results with Categories down the left-hand side of the page. 

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

This is only happening on eBay.com                

Not Canada

Not United Kingdom

Not Australia    

Either it is a glitch... or ... a test of something...

It is a mess.....

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I just find it's a bit of a clunky interface as a few others have pointed out. The other regular observation when attempting a search for closest, items from Asia most often show up first.  Followed by USA. On some listings, you need to open to confirm the actual location.

-Lotz

Message 15 of 15
latest reply