Seller canceled my order saying he can't find the item. but 3 remains for sale

I bought an item from a seller a couple days ago. A day later the seller cancels my order saying he can't find the item. I got a refund later. I checked his listings and the item remains for sale with 1 sold and 3 remaining. I asked him about this and he said oh it must be a ebay glitch. I checked today and the listing is still active. Strange. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Multiple items are usually Fixed Price, so I suspect your seller has no products but is dropshipping.

This means the products are in his supplier's warehouse somewhere , often overseas, and all he is doing is forwarding orders.

Dropshipping suppliers will often run out of stock without telling their (hundreds if not thousands) of sellers. The seller get the blame.

In this case, you got your refund, and your seller got a Defect. It doesn't take many of those to put a seller out of business. The supplier keeps his money.

You can spot dropshippers by their strange mixes of goods (hammers, breadknives, parasols, and decals) , the occasionally odd sounding descriptions (because the writer was ESL) , and identical photos and descriptions being used by several sellers.

None of the dropshippers have ever seen the goods they peddle and frankly, they are trying to make a fast buck with no effort. Not a good combination for customer satisfaction.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Don't forget to leave appropriate feedback.

If the item disappears from your 'Purchases' page, go to the bottom of your 'Feedback Profile' page and select 'Leave Feedback'.

https://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?LeaveFeedback2

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You have 60days from purchase to leave feedback.

If you miss that date,you can add a Response to any feedback he may have left indefinitely.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply