Seller might not fulfill the order

la.ch19
Community Member
Hi,

I recently won a bid for an item. I saw the bid about 4 days before it ended and I decided to place a starting bid.

I contacted the seller to ask for details on the shipment of the item, but got not reply (for several days). I guess no one else bid for the item, so I ended up winning. I, without thinking twice (I know, I should've known better) placed the payment.

The seller hasn't still replied to any of my messages, and the item was already charged to my card (+200$). Looking through facebook marketplace, I see that the seller has the item listed there, as available, and reduced the price today (higher than the bid price, of course). Because of the username, I am positive she connected her facebook account to ebay.

Is there a way to cancel this order? Or do I need to wait for the delivery window (in a couple of weeks) to initiate the refund request?
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ah yes, that's certainly not a good sign. You can always try opening a case with eBay. Wait until the the shipping window has passed that the seller had listed (usually 2 days from the date of sale), file a case claiming that item with tracked shipping has not been listed as shipped/seller isn't providing tracking details, and that you'd like to cancel, providing all of your details of course. 

Hope that helps! 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Unfortunately the seller has no obligation to cancel your order after you've purchased it, especially if it has been shipped. In this case, you will probably have to wait until the estimated arrival date passes and open an INR case at which time you'd then get your money back through eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

There's always the possibility that the seller has multiples of the same item, is on holidays/unavailable or not checking messages and hasn't marked the item as shipped or uploaded tracking info.

Did your purchase include tracked shipping?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I wish I could say this is the case, but it is not.

It is an used item, and she is selling it on market place. The same picture, same SN and all. She replied to a comment made on her post about the item (yesterday) so she is for sure not fulfilling the order.

The order hasn’t shipped but it should include tracking. I guess I’ll have to wait it out!

I’ll try to message her one more time asking her to cancel the order if she doesn’t want to fulfill it.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Ah yes, that's certainly not a good sign. You can always try opening a case with eBay. Wait until the the shipping window has passed that the seller had listed (usually 2 days from the date of sale), file a case claiming that item with tracked shipping has not been listed as shipped/seller isn't providing tracking details, and that you'd like to cancel, providing all of your details of course. 

Hope that helps! 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

She replied to a comment made on her post about the item (yesterday) so she is for sure not fulfilling the order.

You could add a comment on the Marketplace ad, reminding her that you bought this for $XX.xx  on eBay and asking for the tracking number.

Might encourage her and discourage other buyers.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply