Seller never seemed to mail item

samsopa6
Community Member

I purchased a juicer on June 3 and it said that it would be shipped in 5 days. 

I emailed the seller a couple of times before the seller said "your purchase has been shipped already and we will provide you the tracking info through paypal asap, We will send an E-mail to provide you the tracking number too. If you have any question,pls advise me freely" on June 9.

I never heard from that seller again after a couple of emails and open a request to eBay that I never received the item. The first email I received from eBay it said "If you don't hear back from the seller or can't work something out, you can ask us to step in beginning Jun 22, 2017 by going to the request details from this email or your purchase history in My eBay. When you do so, we will review your case and make a decision typically within 48 hours."

When I clicked on that "see case details" button, the date that eBay will take action had changed. It says "

If you don't hear back by Jun. 27, or if there's a problem, you can ask us to step in and help on that day.". And the only options I have is to send the seller another message or close the request.

The second email I received from eBay was "if the seller hasn't responded, please contact us" without any contact information but 

"We encourage you to contact your seller to work things out.

If you were able to work this out with the seller, you can close this request in the Resolution Centre." 

Does it seem that I am getting any help from eBay?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

It sounds like you've been dealing with a drop-shipper. 

Assuming you paid for this item with paypal, try opening an Item Not Received case with them. They often allow cases to be opened sooner and care less about keeping the warm fuzzies going between buyer and seller so it gets straight to the point more quickly. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I agree, the Paypal Resolution Centre is at the top of your Paypal account page under Tools.

The first suggestion is that you Contact the Seller.

You already tried that to no avail.

Ask PP to step in and escalate to a Claim.

• Either the seller willprovide a useable tracking number that shows the shipment is in Canada
  • or has already been delivered
  • or you will be refunded.

Do NOT agree to a replacement. It will not arrive.

In future, if there are several apparently identical listings with different prices, assume they will be shipped from China and the seller(s) have never seen what they are selling.

I'd make a rude remark about the probable quality, but sometimes this stuff is okay.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It sounds like you've been dealing with a drop-shipper. 

Assuming you paid for this item with paypal, try opening an Item Not Received case with them. They often allow cases to be opened sooner and care less about keeping the warm fuzzies going between buyer and seller so it gets straight to the point more quickly. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I agree, the Paypal Resolution Centre is at the top of your Paypal account page under Tools.

The first suggestion is that you Contact the Seller.

You already tried that to no avail.

Ask PP to step in and escalate to a Claim.

• Either the seller willprovide a useable tracking number that shows the shipment is in Canada
  • or has already been delivered
  • or you will be refunded.

Do NOT agree to a replacement. It will not arrive.

In future, if there are several apparently identical listings with different prices, assume they will be shipped from China and the seller(s) have never seen what they are selling.

I'd make a rude remark about the probable quality, but sometimes this stuff is okay.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply