Seller not accepting refund

I'm in a bit of a strange situation here trying to refund a seller.

Here's the details of events in order:

1) About three or more months ago I ordered a small item from China (Worth about $1.72 CAD)

2)  Item never arrived within estimated time so a refund was processed.

3) Item finally did arrive so I did what I always do in this situation , I resent the original payment back to the email that sent me the initial refund (with a brief note explaining the payment)

4) I never heard back from the seller and didn't think much of it, I figured they were probably busy.

5) While logged in to paypal for other matters I noticed the payment sent to the seller regarding this has not been accepted. The payment has been pending since November 22nd 2017. 

6) I messaged the seller regarding this on ebay and the message was rejected by ebay rules because I had listed their email address in the message. I re-messaged the seller again re wording the message pretty much to the effect of "Could you please accept the payment so this can be done with" I still haven't heard back from them.

Another interesting thing about this situation is ebay rules say not to do any communicating outside of ebay so I have done all I really can regarding this at the moment.

Any suggestions?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I would say that you've done all that can be expected of you at this point.

Although since you already have his/her mail, you could try sending a message to them via regular email. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I think I might try that if they don't respond to the latest message I sent them on ebay.

Thanks

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The same thing happened to me a year ago, the seller did not accept my refund.
I could be wrong but I think the seller could not accept a refund if he/she has already put a claim with the insurance, it would be like getting paid twice for one item.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Insurance through the shipping carrier? 

In this case the shipping was free so I doubt the seller had insurance.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Sellers are generally not asked to accept a payment so there may be a problem with the email address.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Or a hiccup accepting with the currency in which it was sent. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply