Seller not respecting agreement

Curious about what others think about this weird situation

Contacted a seller about an item in auction where he had tracking shipping $15. I knew it could be shipped lettermail for $3-4 as it fits. Seller told me that he would ship lettermail and adjust if thats what i wanted. I won the auction. Then he went ghost for 3 days not adjusting my invoice. So to be in-rules, i got forced to proceed to payment and expecting him to refund the overcharge. He just contacted me and told me he decided to still ship tracked and won't refund... 

I've seen this situation posted a few times but never experienced it this way. That's truly frustrating to face it. Really don't understand how some sellers on ebay can be this unreliable and unethical 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

"Seller not respecting agreement"

Yes, they are respecting their listing agreement, maybe they backed out after second thoughts about your request to ship without tracking (set off alarms in their head), and they are well within their rights to do so as per eBay policy.

If they ship the item using letter mail, then you can leave the appropriate FB for the transaction, but I bet they will ship with tracking.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Tracking is for the benefit of the seller and in this case the seller thought better of his agreement to send untracked and abide by his listing policy to ship with tracking. If the listing states shipping with tracking, the seller is within his rights to ship that way even though he may have responded to a message from you to do otherwise. IF you were of the mindset that this was a "binding agreement" for the seller to ship the item via untracked method, and the seller had thereafter decided not to abide by that agreement and stick to the tracked shipping method, perhaps it would have been in your best interests to simply request seller to cancel the sale and leave it at that, rather than cause thyself this frustrating situation that seems to have instigated yet another complaint about your experiences here on eBay....

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

"Really don't understand how some sellers on ebay can be this unreliable and unethical"

The Seller who sold you the item is neither unreliable nor unethical, they are just taking precautions and sticking to their original listing's terms and conditions and I have to agree with @mrdutch1001 with his post, that ending is perfectly stated.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

As a seller yourself, you should realize that a request to downgrade from a tracked to an untracked service not only puts the seller at a slightly increased risk, but is often a sign of a scammer who will cheerfully report an INR keeping the delivered item and getting a refund.

If you don't have a track record with a seller, don't ask for downgrades to untracked services.

A cheaper slower service might be acceptable.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

As a seller i would not say i would do something to a buyer prior payment, then say im not doing it only after he paid me. I honor my words. Especially involving my buyer losing a considerable percentage of money loss. I would neither attempt to force my buyers to pay $10-15 shipping to ship tracked a cheap order for my own insurance. 

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@rocketscollectibles wrote:

As a seller i would not say i would do something to a buyer prior payment, then say im not doing it only after he paid me. I honor my words. Especially involving my buyer losing a considerable percentage of money loss. I would neither attempt to force my buyers to pay $10-15 shipping to ship tracked a cheap order for my own insurance. 

You asked the Seller to sell you an item that was listed with tracked shipping and to change that shipping it to untracked letter mail.

That is a red flag to many new or part-time Sellers as being the actions of a potential scammer.

You know all about scammers if the number of times you have used the noun in your many posts is to be used as an indicator of all the scammers on here.

If you did not want to pay the shipping you could have asked to cancel the transaction, before paying or just not paid, the occasional strike as a non-paying Buyer is insignificant in the larger picture.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I agree that what the seller did was dishonourable, but I also can understand why he did it.

Again, he was protecting his business. However if a repeat customer had made the request, it would not bother me to agree.

The relationship is the part you may be missing.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

If you did not want to pay the shipping you could have asked to cancel the transaction, before paying or just not paid, the occasional strike as a non-paying Buyer is insignificant in the larger picture.

Obviously. And this kind of sentence just point in my sense. It's a mistake to trust sellers on this situation as a lot are unreliable. But you're missing that the seller went ghost and would not have cancelled the order. This is literally what forced me to pay. The unpaid strike is not insignificant as a lot of sellers have settings to block buyers with unpaid strikes and i buy on ebay on regular basis. 

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

"But you're missing that the seller went ghost and would not have cancelled the order."

The SELLER was under NO obligation to cancel the transaction, when you bid on the item you agreed to the terms in the listing.

Did you send a cancellation request?

No?

So how do you know what the Seller would have done, canceled maybe, most likely?

Also, you seem unable or unwilling to accept that the "Seller" may simply have seen you as the potential "Scammer", again a term that you use endlessly in your numerous posts to portray others on this site.

We have a saying for that "The pot calling the kettle black..."

With all the real scammers around, Sellers are way more careful when someone asks them to ship the item untracked, it's a normal reaction.

Perspective....

Now let's see how they actually ship the item!

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

The seller should have thought of  all of that before agreeing to use lettermail. Yes the op asked for something not in the listing but they asked before the purchase and the seller agreed to it. If the seller  changed their mind they should have contacted the buyer before payment, explained the situation and offered to cancel. 

Regardless, we all know the op feels they were wronged and you don't agree with that.  Neither of you will change the other's mind so can we all agree to disagree and move on?

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

This member will never move on he's totally obssessed by me. It's literally harrassement, everyone see it, but moderation do nothing. 

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

I actually meant for everyone to move on. 🙂

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

It's my thread and a situation i'm personally facing. Just normal i'm interacting in my thread personally 

Interactions only goes wrong because of those users. You and @reallynicestamps  replied like normal people 

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Your posts are quite interesting for many reasons and are in such abundance and posted here for any member to respond, reply to, or comment on.

It's not a closed private chat.

Also, I can post as much or as little as I wish on the boards as can you...

It's funny how everyone else is the "Issue" is the underlying theme that runs through nearly every single one of your posts even now you are calling me a "stalker".

And, If you feel the need to reply to one of my responses then expect a reply in return, quite simple really, and no I do not have to agree with you nor you with me...

Now it's 36

Message 15 of 18
latest reply

Nothing about opinions at this point. You are harrassing me. I feel harrassed. Your replies are hostile and point personally. Ever heard 'no means no'? You're the kind of person who do not understand when someone say no and keep pushing. And you're arguing about the legitimacy of the no. I'm telling you, and told you several times: i feel harrassed. Is not that enough for you to leave my threads in peace? 

I did not use the term stalker but thank you for this very precise term. This is exactly what you are. 35% of your posting activity past 6 months on the community is to spread your hate on every single thread i do. And i did not check before, but it's been more than 1 year now! Moderation should have muted you a while back. There is proof of harrassement just by your posting stats. This situation show how crucial this community is lacking a block feature. 

This is my last reply. 

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

I am not interested in you in the slightest but I will respond with facts and actual eBay policy about your posts, and please do not flatter yourself 90% of my posts on your posts are not even replies to you they are responses to other members, usually about your posts which by the very nature include you?!

But, you take everything as a personal attack and seem to find yourself entangled in so many issues, then you blame the Buyers, Sellers, eBay workers, policy, rules, Canada Post rules, and other members myself included, like I said it's just the way you are as an individual I guess.

And it's a running theme in your posts, facts are facts.

One thing that irks you is that I am taking the side of the Seller in this situation on this post and pointing out their possible "perspectives" as to why they did not honor their word, that is what you do not like.

Also, why did you not send a request to cancel the transaction instead of "waiting"?

Odds are they would have canceled ASAP after your request to use an untracked shipping service, and that would have been the end of it.

And the first line on this thread was "Curious about what others think about this weird situation"

Now you have a few perspectives, opinions, and ideas from a range of the usual eBay community board stalkers...

Now you have a very nice day!

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Nothing about opinions at this point. You are harrassing me. I feel harrassed. Your replies are hostile and point personally. Ever heard 'no means no'? You're the kind of person who do not understand when someone say no and keep pushing. And you're arguing about the legitimacy of the no. I'm telling you, and told you several times: i feel harrassed. Is not that enough for you to leave my threads in peace? 

Message 18 of 18
latest reply