Seller provided incorrect tracking number, now tracking says 'delivered' & eBay refuse to open case

o.r.-59
Community Member

Long story short,

- My item has not arrived

- Seller has provided an incorrect tracking number (has a different name and address after a bit of digging with my local post office)

- Seller not responding to my messages to provide a correct tracking number

- Tracking status says 'delivered' 

- eBay refusing to investigate due to 'delivered' status and a previous case that they closed

- previous case was closed by default because too much time had elapsed 

- eBay call center is closed due to pandemic

- eBay email support is BEYOND USELESS

Any ideas welcome

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Seller provided incorrect tracking number, now tracking says 'delivered' & eBay refuse to op

eBay refusing to investigate due to 'delivered' status and a previous case that they closed

- previous case was closed by default because too much time had elapsed

Are these cases both for the same transaction?

Some buyers have been excluded from the Money Back Guarantee because they have made "too many" Claims and eBay will not longer insure them.

You are also covered by Paypal for 180 days from payment. The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

You may be covered by the chargeback provisions of the credit card you use to back your PP account. Card policies differ.

It will be helpful if you file a police report about the missing/stolen/fraudulent sale.

While the police, either your local force or the force which covers your seller, may not do much especially if this is a low value purchase, the fact of the report can be useful in presenting your Claim with PP or your card.

Ummm.....

Was the delivery to an address in Erlanger KY?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Seller provided incorrect tracking number, now tracking says 'delivered' & eBay refuse to op

Contact eBay customer service on twitter or facebook as Ive heard good things about them there. They may ask you to provide something in writing from the post office showing that the wrong address was on the package.

facebook.com/eBayForBusiness       twitter.com/eBayForBusiness

Since your Ebay case timed out you may have to go through PayPal or your credit card but I would try eBay again first.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply