Seller's account deleted before I could pay for my auction item, help?

Long story short, I found a dirt cheap bootleg of a figurine I had been wanting, and figured that I could have that until I get the real deal for Christmas. Bid on it and won it, had it in my cart and was going to pay for it tonight. This seller was already slightly fishy, a new account and no feedback, but worst comes to worst - I'll have to get a refund if they never send it out. He is no longer a registered user, and out of curiousity I tried to go to the payment page - it wouldn't let me. A few people left negative feedback on his page already, according to them he had asked someone to pay outside of eBay and also wasn't answering any messages he got. My worry is, will I get in any trouble for not paying for the item? I had a similar incident on my last account, a family member tried to buy something on my account with the "Buy Now" button and never properly paid lol, and my account could no longer make any purchases. I don't want the same thing to happen to this account. Also, will it ever disappear from my cart..? It's just sitting there. Or will it haunt me forever, lol?

Thank you for reading. I appreciate any help I may get.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

If the seller is has become NARU  (Not A Registered User) then you do not need to pay.  It may take 60 days for the transaction to disappear from your view.

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

bootleg

I'm trying to think of the most appropriate proverb here.

Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas?

If someone is willing to cheat by making fakes, he is just as likely to cheat you.

Count yourself lucky that he was found out and his selling account closed before you actually paid.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply