Seller scammed me.

cih_52
Community Member

I bought a battery from seller about a year and a half ago.
The battery comes with 2yrs warranty.
The battery went to dead even if it shows 70% or 50% left since when I used it for 6months,
that time I contacted the seller and asked about a battery exchange under warranty.
the seller agreed with the problem but asked me to send the defective battery and I have to pay the shipping fee. I was OK with it, but I was unable to do it since if I send the battery to them I wouldn't be able to use the phone for 3~4weeks until they send me a new one. So that time I couldn't do it.
but recently I got a second phone, so I was able to send the battery to the seller.
So I decided to get an exchange under warranty, it's still under warranty.
Since I was in no rush to get a new battery, I just sent to the seller the defective battery as a regular post in an envelope that is untraceable.
Even a month after I sent them the battery, I didn't get a reply or a new battery from the seller, so I have contacted them. The problem started here, the seller is saying they haven't received my defective battery.
Which is I think absolutely they are lying.
I have talked with a Canada Post clerk, the clerk said it usually takes 2weeks by regular mail, and if something was wrong it would come back to my address. but it didn't come back to my address so the Canada Post clerk told me it's either it's been lost during the delivery which is very rare, or the receiver has received it already.

This is why I suspect the seller doesn't wanna send me a new battery so the seller is telling me a lie.
Since there is no way I can prove the seller has received it but lying, I was trying at least to make a note to prevent making other victims like me. 

I don't know why eBay is not allowing me to review the seller now.
so I'm writing about it here.
I wanna talk with ebay but can't find the contact.
Does anyone know how I can contact ebay and talk about it??

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Seller scammed me.

The battery comes with 2yrs warranty.

Warranties normally come from the manufacturer.

Did you receive a warranty card of some sort and did you send it in?

If so, have you contacted the manufacturer?

But.

Few manufacturers will honour their warranties if the item was not sold by a reseller buying directly from the manufacturer. And few online sellers are authorized dealers.

The problem for the manufacturer is the papertrail.

For example, an online seller may get his stock from a liquidator who in turn bought a few pallets of returns or from an insurance company after a fire.  Perfectly legal, no chicanery, but no warranty.

Some refurbishers will offer their own warranty on their work.

When you buy on eBay you have three levels of Buyer Protection

The first is eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

This starts on purchase and ends 30 days after delivery.

The second is Paypal's Buyer Protection. This is good for 180 days from payment.

But only if you use PP as a payment processor.

The third is the credit card you actually used to pay. Card policies on chargebacks differ depending on the type of card, but 180 days from purchase in not unusual.

If you pay with a debit card, bank balance or gift card there will be no mechanism for refund and by extension, no useful warranty.

I don't know why eBay is not allowing me to review the seller now.

You can only leave feedback for 60 days from purchase. 

so I'm writing about it here.
I wanna talk with ebay but can't find the contact.

EBay has nothing to do with this. The deadline for eBay Disputes ended over a year ago.

A few side notes.

Unless you sent the battery with tracking, you cannot prove delivery.

Your chances of getting a refund when there is no proof the unusable battery was returned are low to nil.

And again, warranties come from the manufacturer or the manufacturer's authorized dealers.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply