Seller violation and scams

I ordered a used iPad Pro 12.9 inch. Friday, September 21st at 1 AM. After paying him via Paypal, he modifies on Ebay the wrong description of my purchase which is "Apple iPad Pro 2017 Silver 12.9" 512GB Wi-Fi + 4G iOS10 4GB RAM Tablet By FedEx

Message in ebay concerning my purchase at 1 AM September 21.

"We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter.
This item has been shipped."

"It changes the web page of Ebay concerning my purchase

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/183445737406

"We looked everywhere.

Looks like this page is missing. If you still need help, visit our help pages.

Go to homepage ".

What and what should I do?

Udated September 21 at 4.21 PM. The seller modified
" Apple-iPad-Air-1st-Gen-32GB-Wi-Fi-9-7in-Space-Gray. "

And also, I notice can not leave a bad feeback. This option is not offer.

WOW! Amazing!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

First, be careful that the new listing is from the original seller.

For some reason, eBay recently started moving Searches on Sold items to similar but unsold listings.

And sometimes they are not very similar at all.

For your immediate problem.

If the new listing is the same seller (PP will show you your seller's name) then while there is going to be confusion, at least the seller has not been tossed off the site (Not A Registered Seller-- NARU). So while there was a problem with the listing, he is probably not actually scamming.

Probably.

Did you get a tracking number for your purchase?

If you did, where was the purchase last recorded?

EBay gave you a 'last estimated date for delivery'. What is that date?

If the item arrives and all is well, enjoy your purchase.

Whew!

If the item has been shipped, on the Last Date, if you have not received anything, open an Item Not Received Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

State that the seller is NARU if he is. State that the listing was removed by eBay. Both of these speed up UID claims.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

BTW- a seller can have a No Returns policy. However,he cannot refuse Refunds.

Do you have neither a tracking number nor a Last Estimated Date?

You should be able to open a Dispute immediately.

If you can't, phone Customer Service (Security at the bottom of this page) and ask for help in opening a Dispute.

You are protected by eBay's Money Back Guarantee for 30 days after delivery or the Last Estimated Date.

You are protected for 180 days from Payment by Paypal's Buyer Protection Program.

You may also be protected by the credit card I hope you use with your PP account. You can phone their  1-800 number and ask about a chargeback.

But all this will take time.

BTW- about customer service, if you are an impatient person or if you have difficulty with accents, you may want to call between Monday and Friday during business hours when the Utah call centre is open. Although the Utah accent is pretty distressing too. The overseas reps are smarter in my opinion, but they are given less discretion.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

First of all. I deaf and non-verbal and no TTY phone.

Description Unit price Qty Amount
Apple iPad Pro 2017 Silver 12.9" 512GB Wi-Fi+4G iOS10 4GB RAM Tablet By FedEx
Item# 183445737406 $150.00 USD 1 $150.00 USD

Shipping and handling $0.00 USD
Insurance - not offered ----
Total $150.00 USD
Payment $150.00 USD
Payment sent to xxxx@yahoo.com
From amount $200.12 CAD
To amount $150.00 USD"

Udated September 21 at 4.21 PM. The seller modified
" Apple-iPad-Air-1st-Gen-32GB-Wi-Fi-9-7in-Space-Gray. "

And also, I notice can not leave a bad feeback for him. This option is not offer.

What and what should I do?

WOW! Amazing!

Shipping details 
The seller hasn’t provided any shipping details yet.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I'm a bit confused as to how you can see the listing in a new version if that listing has been removed but normally if you look at the listing through your purchase history it will take you to the original listing as you purchased it. Any changes made to it after the purchase don't apply to your purchase so the listing itself being changed shouldn't matter.

It would concern me though that the listing had been removed but if I were you I would wait until after the weekend to see if the seller provides a tracking number as we don't know why the listing was removed and its possible that the item is on its way to you. 

Where is the seller located?

You may be able to leave feedback by going to your feedback page and clicking on leave feedback but I'm not sure if that works with an item that's been removed.  It is definitely too early to leave feedback anyway...wait until you receive the item or are refunded.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I apologize. I did not really 'see' your ID.

Customer service doesn't seem to have an email service, which has been mentioned before.

@happy_pigeonAny suggestions for the OP?

I notice can not leave a bad feeback for him.

The reasons I can think of would be:

• He is a Power Seller. These sellers cannot receive FB for 7days after the sales. It's a reward for good work as a seller, so that is hopeful.
  • He is Not A Registered User . No point in having FB because he can no longer buy and sell.

When you look at the original listing, does the seller have Not A Registered User after his name? That would be a Bad Thing.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

The purchase is made in just a little over a day (ordered Sept 21 1am as per OP's post), so it's a good seller protection feature that the buyer cannot leave feedback yet, because there is no way the item could have arrived in such a short time frame. Leaving a negative feedback does NOT solve most situation. Communicating with the seller. Have you been given a tracking number? What does it say? If it's shipped then give it a few days first.

I think it's the "here is a similar item" situation that eBay is showing buyers lately, that is causing confusion for our deaf and hard of hearing buyer here. eBay needs to get rid of it ASAP. @happy_pigeon

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Can I make a suggestion?

You need to research used prices and find out whether something is a scam. I just did a Google search for the model of iPad you paid for. New it is over $1,400 CDN! There is no way a used one will be $200 CDN! Not unless it was run over by a train.

I understand your situation regarding not being able to call. You've posted in the forum before haven't you?

Hopefully one of the eBay staff can help. On a side note, given that this is, based on the price, a scam, you could just as well open a PayPal claim right away and explain that eBay took the sale down and the price was suspicious, and you believe it is fraud. Chances are after you escalate to a dispute the seller (scammer) will never bother to reply.

Please be careful buying electronic items online, especially items from Apple etc. Scammers know all too well that people want these items are will typically jump at a deal. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You need to research used prices and find out whether something is a scam. I just did a Google search for the model of iPad you paid for. New it is over $1,400 CDN! There is no way a used one will be $200 CDN! Not unless it was run over by a train.

That was my first thought although there are used ones on eBay for around $250.  I didn’t look at condition though.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I just looked at iPad Pro 512GB and the trending used price is 800-900 CDN.

I believe according to the OP, the seller changed the description to an iPad Air *after* the auction ended. But hard to know as eBay doesn't make anything publicly available for pulled items.

Aha! I found them! Do a search for iPad Pro 512GB North America only, sort by lowest price. Then sort by sold items. See anything in common? A ton of listings at far below market value, and most are removed by eBay.
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Ah, that makes sense now. I didn't look at the item/listing in question.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply