Seller won't cancel

Hi,

So I went to buy an item that was not being auctioned but rather I could pay for it then and there. When I got to the pay screen I realised the shipping cost was the same as the item which was too much for me ($75 for item and $74 for shipping). So I didn't enter my pay information thinking that would cancel the transaction. A few days later I got an email saying I needed to pay for the item. So I contacted the seller and asked him to cancel the transaction, to which he said "ok". The next day I got an email saying he had opened an unpaid case file against me. I contacted him again reminding him I wanted to cancel and haven't heard anything back yet.

I found the same item for better shipping from a different seller and placed a bid on that instead. That auction ends in about 7 hours. So here are my questions:

When I enter my payment information for the item I do want, will it also charge me for the item I don't want?

If this unpaid case goes through and is a strike against me, how will it affect my bid on the item I do want?

I tried calling customer service to ask them. It said there was a wait time of 1 minute but I was on hold for 30 and never got through. I'm very frustrated and if I could cancel my open bid now I would and then I'd delete my account. As soon as this other item goes through and I get it I'm deleting my account.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Seller won't cancel

@ayshdenne_0 wrote:

When I enter my payment information for the item I do want, will it also charge me for the item I don't want?

If it is purchase from a different seller you can just pay just for that purchase.

@ayshdenne_0 wrote:
If this unpaid case goes through and is a strike against me, how will it affect my bid

One strike will have no effect.

2 strikes or more will start to effect your buying ability,

The strike will drop off your record after 1 year.

Always check shipping before buying.

You can put the Buy-It-Now item in the shopping cart and it should show you the total cost with shipping before you purchase.

-..-

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Seller won't cancel

So I didn't enter my pay information thinking that would cancel the transaction.

It doesn't.

This is where you should have asked the seller to cancel, since his item was now unavailable to any other buyer.

And he has paid eBay a fee for selling the shoes.

So you are costing him both money and opportunity.

I got an email saying I needed to pay for the item.

Many sellers have this set as an automatic option.

I got an email saying he had opened an unpaid case

An Unpaid Item Dispute cancels the transaction and returns the fees to the seller.

a strike against me, how will it affect my bid on the item I do want?

If the seller has an automatic Block against bidders with deadbeat Strikes, your bid may be cancelled.

I'm deleting my account.

EBAy doesn't delete accounts immediately. They remain open for 'some time' to allow for the completion of financial transactions.

No

Message 3 of 3
latest reply