Seller won't return funds

mirat-66
Community Member
Hi, I'm getting really frustrated. I ordered a tcheck potency tester and expansion kit and was supposed to receive it at the end of November. I figured things were moving slowly because of covid. I never received products so I started contacting eBay and the seller. They told me I had to start a claim with UPS. So I did everything I had to and fax them the info. They accepted claim because they lost products and returned the money to the seller. Which I have proof of. eBay won't help because it's outside of 30 days. The seller will not respond to me. What should be my next step?
Thanks Mike
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh my the seller is the one who should have iniated the claim with the shipping company. You only needed to provide proof of damage. Did you call ebay and explain the situation? If you did and nothing resulted contact your financial institution that you made the payment with and do a chargeback.. keep all your records and pictures they will need them.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You got scammed by the seller.

You had only 30 days from the last estimate date for delivery to open an Item Not Received dispute with eBay.

This is done through the Resolution Centre at the bottom of most pages.

BUT

You are covered by Paypal's Buyer Protection Policy for 180 days from payment.

Six months.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

The first suggestion is that you contact the seller.

You've done that. He scammed you. Move on.

Ask PP to step in and Escalate the Dispute to a Claim.

You will be refunded.

If the seller does not refund you, PP will and go after him for your money.

As a third level of protection, if you back your PP account with a credit card, you also have access to the card's chargeback provisions, but these vary from card to card.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You got great advice here, please let us know what finally happened with your claim.
Did you go through PP?
Message 4 of 4
latest reply