Sellers not shipping items after even 9 months !!

aley-3
Community Member

I have made many orders through ebay.ca. But there are 6 items that I have ordered and never received. Tried to contact the sellers but they just asked me to wait and wait. Still nothing arrived.

I felt being cheated.

Tried to rate the seller but they were "old purchases' that the ebay site "could not locate the purchase" to launch a rating !!

There is nothing in the ebay Contact Customer service that I can message or email ebay the list of bad sellers ... eBay only ask to call and that would take forever.

Any idea, anyone?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Unfortunately, it is too late. You have 30 days after latest delivery estimate to open a claim on eBay and 180 days after payment on PayPal.

If you used a credit card, you can call them to see if they will help.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Tried to contact the sellers but they just asked me to wait and wait. Still nothing arrived.

I felt being cheated.

Well. Yes.

Blatant scam.

Which you allowed.

It takes about 20 days for a purchase to arrive from anywhere in North America. About 30 from overseas.

If the item has not arrived by the last estimated date for delivery you were given by eBay, you can file a Dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

You have 30 days from that "last date" to open the Dispute.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, Delivery) you will be refunded.

If the seller promises to send a replacement, he won't.

It is quite likely the items you paid for never existed, were never sent, and never will be sent. Because the seller was selling vapourware.

If the seller cannot give you a usable tracking number that shows the purchase has reached Canada, ask eBay to step in to the Dispute and escalate it to a Claim.

Personally, I think eBay should get rid of feedback, because too many buyers think it is some sort of problem solving mechanism, instead of the online equivalent of the shopclerk's "have a nice day".  A simple courtesy, ignored by eBay in evaluating sellers.

@aley-3 

If you back your Paypal account with a credit card, you might have some success with the card's Chargeback service.  Policies differ from card to card. The 1-800 number is usually on the back of the credit card.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply