Several shipments from China cancelled

Anybody have the same experience? I buy and sell used camera gear and often get hoods, caps, cables and replacement parts from Asia. 4 or 5 of such small shipments have recently been cancelled,  "because of Covid19, the shipper does no longer ship to your country". It seems like in particular shipments from China were affected - it's not always clear where things actually are shipped from.

Were there any official changes in shipping policy that you are aware of in the last week or so? I was refunded, no problem there, but where am I going to get those peripheral items now?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

No problems here so far *crosses fingers*.

I have some orders I paid for in early April that have yet to arrive. 2 of the 3 from China are delayed. A company for one order has assured me it is on it's way and that their orders have taken longer due to Covid-19.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I did have some items in my cart and the next day there was a message to update my address before I could buy the items, so it looks like some are indeed blocking Canada.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Cancelled AND refunded?

That really has to come under the heading of 'disappointment'.  Sellers can cancel any bid they want if they do not want to deal with a particular customer.

And it is also possible for sellers to Block specific countries or even entire continents.

However, your sellers may just be reacting with extra caution to experienced shipping problems, or, just like Western sellers to perceived problems.

It might help, before making your next purchase to send a Message to the seller asking if he is shipping to Canada at this time.  You can use Google Translate to send the message in Simplified Chinese as well as in English.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

but where am I going to get those peripheral items now?

Does Henry's Cameras, from Toronto and Ottawa,  still sell on eBay or have they moved exclusively to their own site?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

rus4595
Community Member

I ordered from China May 1st.  May 15th they told me they lost my order of elastic.  The same company sent out my order for material the same day. I order the components of masks to give to people who make masks for front line staff. They don't sell their masks, and they don't ask for free material.

Patricia Russell
Message 6 of 6
latest reply