Should I buy from someone with zero feedback?

Hi,  I am looking at buying a Louis Vuitton wallet for my wife.  When I searched, I found multiple wallets with virtually the same description and exact same price from multiple sellers  - all with zero feedback.  Should I be concerned about buying?  Is this something that should be considered dangerous or risky? Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Where is the seller located? Or give us the item number and we can check it out for you,.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Zero feedback does not itself mean anything but with items that are heavily faked like designer items especially the LV ones it is not likely your item will be genuine. The world markets are flooded with Asian counterfeits and a zero FB seller is obviously not a long-standing reputable handbag dealer. My advice: pay a little more if you want the genuine article (or maybe lots more for a genuine LV) and find a seller who has lots of feedback about how happy the buyers are with their authentic item. Someone who deals in high-end bags and wallets won't be selling cheap copies. Even a private person may be passing off a fake. Remember, you get what you pay for.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@corvette_danny wrote:

,,,  I am looking at buying a Louis Vuitton wallet for my wife.  When I searched, I found multiple wallets with virtually the same description and exact same price from multiple sellers  - all with zero feedback.  Should I be concerned about buying?  Is this something that should be considered dangerous or risky?

Same description and images and same too-good-to-be-true price for a high-end fashion item with no feedback is a good warning that they are a bunch of fashion sellers to avoid. Far too likely they are all selling the same cheap counterfeit.

-..-

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The zero feedback worries me less than the fact that it sounds like one seller has multiples of the same wallet.  To me, that is a huge red flag that the wallets are not authentic.  I wouldn't buy from that seller.   There are authentic LV items sold here but unfortunately there are also some that are not so you do have to be wary.  

if there is a particular listing that you are interested in and there are some good pictures with the listing, you can try posting those pictures on the eBay.com fashion board where there are some knowledgable LV buyers /sellers who can give you their opinion on the item. You used to be able to just link to the listing and ask about it but I don't think that you can do that  now.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Fashion/bd-p/fashion

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I am looking at buying a Louis Vuitton wallet for my wife.

No.

If you try to save money you will be cheated.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply