Should I request a partial refund?

bodi179
Community Member

Hello! I bought a steelbook from Greece. It arrived today and there's some slight damage. The front is pressed down and the bottom is bent and curved outwards, which means it was likely pressed down underneath other packages. Im a bit disappointed tbh, because I was excited to receive it.

The damage isn't very much, but I messaged the seller before I bought this and asked if there was any damage. His answer was, "Brand New, no damage".

Should I request a partial refund for this? It's still in sealed condition, and tbh, i dont wanna bother with returning it with COVID19 going on. But I paid for a brand new steelbook with no damage as he said, not for some slight damage that's going to be bothering mes-l1600.jpgs-l1600 (1).jpgCapture.PNG

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If the item is unusable (or unacceptable) as received, you can open a Not As Described dispute with eBay during the 30 days after delivery.

You will be required to return the item to get a full refund.

If it's good enough to keep, it's good enough to pay for.

If you feel the seller used inadequate packaging which was the reason for the damage, the NAD would be the way to go.

Most sellers regard buyers who ask for partial refunds as scammers looking for a post-sale discount.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If the item is unusable (or unacceptable) as received, you can open a Not As Described dispute with eBay during the 30 days after delivery.

You will be required to return the item to get a full refund.

If it's good enough to keep, it's good enough to pay for.

If you feel the seller used inadequate packaging which was the reason for the damage, the NAD would be the way to go.

Most sellers regard buyers who ask for partial refunds as scammers looking for a post-sale discount.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I messaged the seller and was told that its the postal service's fault for the damage. But it's the seller's responsibility to ensure that it arrives safely to the customer. Im considering just returning it and waiting for about a month and a half for it to arrive back to him because this is becoming a major hassle.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

File the Dispute.

He is responsible for his sub-contractor, because he did the packing and he chose the shipper.

The sub-contracted shipper is responsible to him.

EBay will probably tell him to send you Return Postage.

Yes, it will take time.

Your choice, as I see it, is a slow return and refund or deciding what you got is acceptable.
Does the movie play? Was it the movie or the packaging that was important?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply