Slow or lost shipping from China to Canada?

klejoh0
Community Member

I have an item from China to Canada, up to date, shipping 75 days, not yet received.  mostly like lost?

I ordered 3 items on Apr 24, 2016, but up to date, none of them arrived.

Before I seldom had so slow shipping.  I don't why the shipping is so slow recently?

Message 1 of 81
latest reply
80 REPLIES 80

Im have about 8 out of 11 orders still outstanding from the end of November...It's now mid February...Absolutely ridiculous! The sellers have been good about offering refunds...but point is...if people begin to think shipping is going to take 2 1/2 months on a regular basis they are likely to look at other alternative to ebay and its sellers...I called Canada customs and it didnt seem like the issue was there.

No one wins here..

Customer included

Message 21 of 81
latest reply

There are sellers who ship nothing, then offer refunds to the few who remember the purchase and complain.

Since they are refunding on demand, eBay does not penalize them.

And there is the ongoing fentanyl problem which is partcularly slowing shipments coming into Vancouver from Asia/China.

But your personal best strategy is to

• look at that shipping time BEFORE buying.
  • read FB left for a pattern of slow shipping on non-delivery
  • remember that 97% is terrible feedback.
  • open eBay or Paypal Item Not Received claims after 30 days or when the eBay delivery window closes-- whichever comes first.
  • mark the last estimated delivery date on your calendar
Message 22 of 81
latest reply

A cautionary note I ordered two  massage shower Items from a big bathroom  seller in China 10 Oct 2016  the most expensive parts of the package arrived damaged I contacted the seller he agreed to resend replacements the start of Nov 2016 I contacted them mid Dec 2016 because they still haven't arrived, he said might have been delayed because of Christmas, I then contacted them again between Christmas and New year he said he would resend out again,I have my strong suspicions that no replacements were ever sent out, and the seller was being untruthful and using this as a delaying excuse, as he is now ignoring all emails from my account. Ebay wont refund because its after 30 days, Paypal came down on my side and said if I returned package they would refund the amount I paid ,not my return postage.I paid 320cdn for the shower Items  to send it back to China is over $400cdn, China is the only Country not covered where the seller has to pay return postage if an item is faulty. I'm stuck with damaged items that are worthless because i cant use anything cant return them because it  costs more to return than the Item costs.Remember china ships to you so cheaply because it is subsidized by the China government remember where China sellers are concerned buyer beware they know they don't need to refund you because it costs more to send back and they drag things out until the refund time has expired. i hope this helps someone its too late for me, never will I buy anything from China again that i'm not prepared to just throw in the trash if its damagedor missing.          

Message 23 of 81
latest reply

I contacted the seller he agreed to resend replacements the start of Nov 2016

He lied.

Never accept an offer of a replacement from Asia.

You want your money back.

And when ordering from overseas (or even the USA) remember that the cost should allow for the high cost of returning it on your own dime with no refund should there be a problem.

China is the only Country not covered where the seller has to pay return postage if an item is faulty.

Not true.

The problem is that there is no way for a Return Shipping Label to be issued if the buyer and seller are in different countries.

If your seller was in the USA , he couldn't send you a Canada Post return shipping label.

Nor a UK seller, nor an Australian seller, nor an Israeli seller.....

never will I buy anything from China again that i'm not prepared to just throw in the trash if its damagedor missing.          

Precisely.

Message 24 of 81
latest reply

According to both Paypal and Ebay,high level complaints department , It is only China that will not issue return labels only recently within the past 2 months i have bought from the US and from the UK each has enclosed a return label  either by email or with the sales slip or with the actual package i havent had to use them but at least they are enclosed,I received the information about China being the only country  from both Ebay and from Paypal customer service, 

Message 25 of 81
latest reply

According to both Paypal and Ebay,high level complaints department , It is only China that will not issue return labels

They are wrong.

from the US and from the UK each has enclosed a return label  ...... i havent had to use them but at least they are enclosed

Look at those labels again. Are they Canada Post labels? If they are not, they are unusable.

Actually, were these eBay purchases?

Some companies that sell internationally (LLBean comes to mind) have small offices in each country they deal with for problems like returns. Those labels may be Canada Post and direct the return to a Canadian address.

Message 26 of 81
latest reply

Want to add 5 cents in the cattle of problems listed here !

I'm from Canada, Ontario. Last few month I have more undelivered items from China that for all my ebay history since 2002 !!!! I have 8 of 11 items no show !! For the last 3 month!! Some as far as beginning of November 2016 are no show! **bleep** ?

I'm honestly not sure if this is China guys try to rip-me-off or Canada Post is being ignorant. But so far I able to get refunds for "no show" items. But some of them are pretty expensive and I might have problem getting money back 😞

Few items were with tracking number.... which is pretty much useless because last record was for example:

"Jan 12 2017 - Guangzhou Transit Station export customs cleared"

It was 2 month ago !!!!

I'd rather do not pay a penny for tracking number at least seller would not be able to put blames on shipping companies/customs etc.....

Message 27 of 81
latest reply

ay656
Community Member

Same thing is happening to me.

I ordered 9 items on Christmas day. 5 of them showed up relatively quickly within a month or so. 4 other items are missing. I ordered many times before, and I used to receive my items within a month. It's been almost 3 months since then. I don't think there's a reason to wait longer. I opening the disputes.

Is it just me. Does anybody receives item from China without problems?

Message 28 of 81
latest reply

Most Chinese sellers  are honest.

However, they do use the cheapest form of shipping, especially when selling very inexpensive items with 'free' shipping.

This is surface and always is slow, two or three months, which takes delivery past eBay's last date for a Dispute.

The seller probably doesn't realize this.

Add to that the current policy of CBSA to Hold Chinese imports and examine them for fentanyl and the dispute that Western countries are having with China Post about UPU payments which have led to a  Hold by Canada Post, and buyers from Chinese sellers have now the choice of cheap but slow purchases with little or no chance of Dispute if there is a problem or buying more expensive items from North America or Europe with swift delivery and help in resolving problems.

Message 29 of 81
latest reply

de_ca60
Community Member

Just a heads up, if you are an Ebay buyer be very leary of buying from China. They don't send your product and you don't always get refunded (Ebay's decision). This has been happening for the past 12 months. Haven't had any problems with any other countries.

Message 30 of 81
latest reply

I'm from Canada, Alberta. Since June 2016 till March 2017 I  have 10 out of 16 items that never did surface in Edmonton. This includes parcels with valid tracking numbers. 

Excluding the eBay 16 items mentioned also did experience the same with several parcels from AliExpress and Banggood since 2016.

Myself do not know who to blame.

Do believe eBay is well-aware of this situation in Canada/ China. Very close to cancel my eBay and other accounts after many years!  

Message 31 of 81
latest reply

Thank you for affirming that the problem affects purchases through more companies than eBay.

As is often mentioned, even with honest sellers, whose items arrive in Canada in reasonable time, there are two Canadian slowdowns

• The most recent one is the fentanyl crisis, with CBSA and the RCMP carefully checking parcels coming in from China where fentanyl has only recently become an illegal or restricted drug. In a country with no Rule of Law, this is not going to be an easy problem to solve.
  • The ongoing one is the Universal Postal Union treaty discussions. China has been taking advantage of its own low international postal rates to make treaty partners bear most of the cost of international deliveries.There has been for centuries (well since 1874) a program which pays countries when they deliver shipments from other countries, although only the originating country was paid for the delivery.
  • China is now getting to the point where it should be paying recipient countries much more, but has been stubborn about it. There was some resolution of this late last year at the UPU convention.

Message 32 of 81
latest reply

I had an item arrive today, March 22, 2017 which was shipped on Dec 10, 2016.  I received a refund on Feb 13.  I intend to send the refund back once I get the sellers paypal address which does not seem to be listed.  It would appear that late November to late December was a very back time to order from China this year.  Thankfully, I only order small items.  I have no idea why some of them take this long to arrive.  It never happened in previous years.

Message 33 of 81
latest reply

I just received one yesterday that was post marked Nov. 16,2016 Still have one from the same week yet to arrive. Bolth vendors have reshipped in January. This item took over 4 months to arrive. That is completely ridiculous.  

Message 34 of 81
latest reply

Did the replacements arrive?

Often this is a scam to stop a potential INR dispute?

These scammers haven't caught on to the 180 day Paypal Dispute window yet, fortunately.

Message 35 of 81
latest reply

Since you cannot ethically keep both the money and the item, you can return the refund using Paypal's Send Money service.

All the information you need is on the original PP transaction.

Message 36 of 81
latest reply

golddi2
Community Member

I ordered an item that has an estimated delivery time set now to three month, its past 60 days now and I noticed that I can no longer leave a feedback for the item even though the estimated delivery time has not yet past. I tried to contact the ebay but there is no way to contact them, no email, no phone number you can call, stupid pre-selected questions that do not help at all.

Is it normal to have an estimated delivery date set to 3 month since the item purchase, why can I no longer leave a feedback? Would i be able to recover my money back if I don't receive my item since Paypal is no longer connected to ebay? What is going on? If this is new ebay practice I will start ordering from Aliexpress. At least they have a 2 month money back guarantee if the item is not delivered! 

Message 37 of 81
latest reply

Feedback is just a public relations thing.

What you want at this point is a refund.

EBay has a Money Back Guarantee.

EBay gave you an estimated last day for delivery.

Has that date passed?

If so, you have 30 days from then to open an Item Not Received Dispute.

The Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

Skip the suggestion that you contact the seller

Ask eBay to step in and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If the 30 days have passed, or if the seller is now Not A Registered User (NARU) or if you are just tired of waiting, you are covered by Paypal's Buyer Protection.

This runs for 180 days after payment.

Go to the PP Resolution Centre at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

Open an Item Not Received dispute.

Skip the suggestion that you contact the seller

Ask PP to step in and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If a seller is saying that your purchase will take 90 days to arrive, assume there is no item and he is a scammer.

If a seller tries to get you to accept a replacement, assume there was no original shipment and he is definitely a scammer.

Message 38 of 81
latest reply

Feedback is not supposed to be a PR thing. Feedback is for buyers, not for sellers.

I always read feedbacks before buying. I always try to leave objective feedback. The 60-day limit for feedback doesn't let buyers leave bad feedback for bad cases. I can buy from this seller later without knowing about these bad cases, even though buyers were willing to warn me and I was willing to read their comments.

What else. Few days ago, I've seen a negative feedback disappearing from the seller's record. It was there one day, and not there the next day. The number of revised feedbacks is zero. eBay just removed it from there without a trace.

Feedback is (was) a very important tool. If I buy from a bad seller I may get my money back, but I won't get my time back, will I? There could be months while I'm waiting for the item. It could be all different if I ordered from a different seller. eBay's efforts to make sellers look better than they are don't do us any good.

This is a shame that people cannot leave feedback after 60 days. It's totally out of whack in current shipping situation.

Message 39 of 81
latest reply

It's Public Relations aimed at buyers.

It's a form of advertising, that uses testimonials from happy customers (and occasional negative comments from unhappy customers) to make the new customer feel comfortable.

But feedback no longer has any effect on a seller's ability to list here. The Defects program and the Resolution Centre have taken over that job.

And the reason for that is that while in the past only about 40% of transactions had any feedback (and I suspect most of that was left by sellers), with the arrival of mobile shopping, that percentage has dropped to the point of uselessness as a measure of seller reliability.

Unhappy customers use the Resolution Centre to get refunds for bad transactions.

Feedback is left by naive or hasty unhappy customers.

Message 40 of 81
latest reply