Tracking starting with “SYBA” doesn’t give real informations

So I purchased a bunch of items on eBay from China last month, most of them (9) have tracking number starting with “SYBA”, they seems to point out to “SunYou” when looking online and is the only carrier that return any information with tracking websites.

All tracking seems to give “exactly” the same informations (like copy/pasted) with the exception of dates and times, but some do are perfect copies of each other (including d/t).

To me it looks like those tracking numbers are fakes or rather the informations are fake and automatically generated by a computer no matter where the package really is.

If you’re not going to give me real tracking, you may as well not provide one at all, so I don’t have to waste my time falsely “believing” that my package is “Out for delivery” for the past 2+ freaking weeks!

Ether way, I  wanted to make everyone aware of this problem, so anyone that has one of those tracking numbers knows that the informations given with those are as good as nonexistent.

PS: Sorry if I posted in the wrong section of the community.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tracking is a SELLER PROTECTION.

Buyers are covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Ignore the tracking number. It's just there for the warm fuzzies.

EBay gave you a last estimated date for delivery.

Has that passed?

If not add it to your calendar.

When it passes if the purchases have not arrived, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received dispute.

There is a suggestion to Contact the Seller but really all you want from him is an immediate refund or the tracking number.

And you have a (non-functional) tracking number.

So .

Ask eBay to step in and Escalate to a Claim.

This is all being handled by robots. They are more efficient than humans.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

The Proof of Delivery is from that tracking number. This is his protection against false claims. Since it doesn't work, the seller cannot prove delivery. You get your money back.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Has that passed?

When it passes if the purchases have not arrived, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received dispute.

There is a suggestion to Contact the Seller but really all you want from him is an immediate refund or the tracking number.

So .

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

The Proof of Delivery is from that tracking number. This is his protection against false claims. Since it doesn't work, the seller cannot prove delivery. You get your money back.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I have had problems with “SYBA” SunYou shipments to Canada too!

The vast majority of my items come via Winit, Yanwen or China Post from Asia, and they all arrive.

NONE of the few items I have purchased on ebay and another website with a “SYBA” tracking number for SunYou ever showed up.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Same problems. Seems like a total scam.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@bobsjunkbox 

Has that passed?

So .

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@electronicsextraordinaire 

Has that passed?

So .

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Ya I know I can deal with Ebay or Paypal and get my money back. I'm not new to this.

It's a pain when fraudulent shippers can just steal your packages while they hold onto your money for 2 months while you're waiting for something that will never arrive.

Then you have to re-order it from someone else, and wait again for it to show up.

Ebay should take actual action against scams rather than letting sellers profit from holding our funds. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply