Unable to cancel order after seller removed listing I paid for.

Hi, I purchased an item, paid with paypal. then I received a warning notice email from ebay not to communicate with the seller. Checked the listing and it was gone, sent the seller a message but nothing. Why in this case I (the buyer) am unable to do anything about this? I can't cancel the order and get my money back, I had to open a case and have to wait 2 weeks to then tell ebay I didn't receive the item, when the listing is already gone... What else can I do in this case?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

you could call paypal and explain what happened. it sounds like the seller's account was terminated. ebay should be refunding your money shortly, or you could call paypal, and see what they say.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

No need to talk to anyone-- especially an overworked and underpaid clerk

Go to your Paypal account.

Open an Item Not Received Dispute.

You can do this for 180 days from PAYMENT.

Their Resolution Centre is at the top of the page under Tools.

The first suggestion is to Contact the Seller.

If you do, the ONLY thing you want is a refund. Don't get into a conversation and don't accept an offer of a replacement. It won't arrive either.

However, you shouldn't bother.

Do say in the Dispute that the seller is now Not A Registered User with eBay. (NARU)

Ask PP to step in and escalate to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

The robots are faster and more efficient than the humans.

This is a fairly straightforward case.

It is a Bad Thing that eBay has not added instructions to their Notices about NARU sellers about how to get refunds when money has already been paid to these scammers.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hey everyone, thanks for the suggestions. I did get a refund from Ebay today, so all is good. I'm surprised that in a fraud or scam case like this, there is no immediate action one can take. Some red flag alerting ebay of the scam / problem would be great.

thanks again 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Ebay closed down the scammer as soon as they noticed him, however that happened.

The weak part of their Buyer Protection policy is that they don't provide buyers  who have paid money to scammerswith instructions on how to get their money back.

Since most eBayers do use Paypal (which has a very strong Buyer Protection program) giving even that information would be a help.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply