Unable to track shipping.

It appears as if all the tracking numbers on my purchased items are not responding. I am in Canada and I have about 6 itams that I have purchased, pending delivery. All the items have a tracking number. (They are coming from either India or China.) The tracking numbers do NOT provide tracking info no matter how often or when I click on them. This issue has started just this week. Has anyone else have the same experience? And if it is a systems issue, who do I contact on eBay? There are no direct links for communicating.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Since you are the buyer, the tracking numbers are not important.

EBay sent you a window for delivery. Put the last estimated date for delivery on your calendar .

You are covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

If the purchase is not delivered by that date, you will be refunded.

As for the tracking numbers, it is possible they are random numbers put in to fill a space and the shipments have been shipped without tracking.

That's fine.

You are covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

Tracking is a Seller Protection.

It is also possible, though unlikely, that the sellers don't have any product, don't ship any product, and for the few buyers who put that last date for delivery on their calendars, just refund when the cheated buyer opens an Item Not Recieved dispute under eBay's Money Back Guarantee.

You are also covered by Paypal's Buyer Protection for 180 days from payment.

You may also have coverage if you back your PP account with a credit card with a chargeback option.

To prevent these problems, read the seller's feedback for patterns of complaints about slow shipping, non-delivery, or bad communication. The numbers are less important than the pattern.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

I'm just seconding @femmefan1946's excellent post.  Tracking is of far more benefit to the seller than it is the buyer.  98% of the time, buyers don't need it.  Getting your item within the stated timeframe in the condition noted in the listing is of far more importance, and tracking won't make a difference to that.  Keep an eye on those estimated delivery dates.  If your item hasn't arrived within those dates, then that's the time to start checking on the tracking.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hi;

Have you ever considered buying from Canadian seller? I understand that prices from China or India product might be attractive but there's should be more than saving a few bucks in people shopping habit. Please consider and have a great day!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

I'm just seconding @femmefan1946's excellent post.  Tracking is of far more benefit to the seller than it is the buyer.  98% of the time, buyers don't need it.  Getting your item within the stated timeframe in the condition noted in the listing is of far more importance, and tracking won't make a difference to that.  Keep an eye on those estimated delivery dates.  If your item hasn't arrived within those dates, then that's the time to start checking on the tracking.

For many the reasons behind checking tracking are 2 fold. One to confirm if there are delays(status) and two to check if their item is out for delivery/delivered. Not everyone has a Community Mailbox(or checks it daily) but many folks DO have problems with porch pirates.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 5
latest reply