Uneasy to return a refund to the seller.

Bought a few hobby knife blades , did not received them  way passed the due date, got a quick refund, Yesterday the order finally arrived after 2 months, messaged the seller and asked for a proper email address that's recognized by PayPal in order to return her refund.

Here is why I'm asking for advice, the seller did not send the email address I had requested, instead she sent me an invoice but the total amount was in USD, not Canadian dollar as it was the currency I paid in.

I received a notice from PayPal to pay/cancel the invoice , I cancelled it ,messaged the seller and told her the amount was right but the currency was wrong, also asked her for the second time to send me an email address not invoice, the reason? I'm more comfortable sending money that way, I can decide that she will pay the processing fee  not me, but if she sends an invoice , who is going to pay that fee? I also wonder why she prefers to send an invoice instead of the email address? does it have anything to do with hiding it from eBay or insurance or maybe something else?

I appreciate your thoughts/comments.

Ken.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I forgot to add:

All the messages were though eBay.

The seller's email address that shows on my PayPal is in Chinese and can not be used / not recognized by PayPal to send money. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You may have paid in Canadian dollars but if the listing was originally done on .com the seller would have received US dollars, not Canadian.  You can tell by going to the listing itself and looking at what currency it’s in.  Unless the seller lists on .ca in Canadian funds it’s unlikely that they ever receive $C.  But since you are honest and willing to pay again, the seller may make an exception.  If you pay a US invoice in Canadian, you would probably have to pay another currency transaction fee which isn’t really fair to you.

When a seller sends an invoice, they pay the PP transaction fee.  It’d been a while since I’ve used the send money function but Im sure there is a charge when you are sending to a PP account in another country.  My guess is that you would pay but I’m not certain.    

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for your reply, the items were on dot ca and the currency was in CAD and in (AUD) I paid in Canadian $, and clearly wrote the amount and the currency in my message to her.

I don't understand her reluctance to send me her proper email address that's my number one issue, I hope she's not trying to recover the processing fee by sending me an invoice, and to top it up , in USD.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

If Paypal accepted the sellers's address as valid, then use a cut and paste to send the payment.

I put happycamper@hotmail.com (a made up address) into Google Translate and got this:

hotmail com的快乐露营者
What happens when you try clicking on the Refund link in your original PP payment? You should see the (Chinese) email and if you click on that everything should go the same way as if you were refunding an American or Canadian seller.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

deleted

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

That quote feature didn't work for me lol. anyhow, I did try to send money by copying and pasting her email address but paypal did not recognize it as a valid address, even when I copied the address on the invoice it didn't work.

I requested her email address for the second time but if she sends me another(correct) invoice and if I pay,  who will pay the processing fee, if she does, then I'll pay it and get it over with. that really is my main issue.

BTW, thank you for your post.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

The seller finally sent me an email address that I could use.

It all went well from my end.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts.

Ken.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply