Uni uni courier delivering for International shipping!

Is this old news?
Evey other time in the past, it’s been Canada Post.
I just bought a book from a US seller. It’s arriving early- great!
Not great. Asendia is using the last mile courier, UNI UNI to deliver my package and my stomach is in knots. My experience with UNI UNI has been that they don’t deliver. They don’t try to deliver. You have to track your package and when it finally says returned to warehouse, you go and pick it up from a cubby hole where there’s a guy with a bin of packages and a computer.
Even worse- check around the internet for stories of frustration and loss by UNI UNI in Canada.
Does anyone have experience with this? Is it a regular occurrence?
I won’t be able to buy anything from ebay anymore, if using UNI UNI is a regular thing.
I called Ebay to complain .
Someone please let me know if they regularly use UNI UNI?
Thanks
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I had 2  Parcels from USA  last 2 months  delivered  by Uni Uni .

They left  parcels in front , then send me Iformation by EMail  with pictures of my property &  home adress  delivery person took   to confirm he/she delivered items.

I didn't have Tracking # since Item is sent .The seller choosed GSP with ESUS Tracking .

I was able just to see some information when items are trasported from location OR hubs .

On the delivery date I didn't have not UniUni OR Ebay OR Asendia Tracking , none .

They left parcels at my porch.

I never heard about UniUni before .

I had  3 other parcels from USA shipped at the same date , went different destination and delivered by CP .

The sellers also used GSP. 

From Toronto  they used UniUni,

from Montreal CP .

I'm buying weekly from USA , this was only time I heard about UniUni .

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Ugh, they’re so unreliable. I’m guessing you got your packages from the porch?
I really hope they aren’t using Uni Uni on a regular basis.
Thanks for the reply.
I’m praying for CP to be the regular delivery. I live on a busy street, with no buzzer for the apartments at all , no access inside the building, except for CP, they have a key.
The tracking - I had an Asendia tracking number, forwarded to another tracking number, forwarded to a Uni Uni number… had to follow the dots to find out where it went. It’s crazy.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Uniuni has prank callers beware! They hang up as soon as you answer even after the second attempt. Just so, you waste your time having to go the extra mile. My mother has had that experience and one the packages I ordered here on eBay has been handed over to this horrible UniUni by Asendia USA. My stomach is cringing. Meanwhile, keeping my fingers crossed...
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Wait, the proper term is spam callers.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

une_66
Community Member

uni uni straight up left a camera lens i purchased right out on my front door, which is right on one of the busiest pedestrian streets in toronto.

it was stolen.

the seller said "sorry for your loss"

ebay basically said "it's not our problem"

uniuni said the same, but their site says "items that cannot be left in a secure place will be brought back to the warehouse and rescheduled"

i went through so much back and forth with them and had to quote their own website so many times before any kind of acknowledgement was made.

now i'm waiting for "14 business days" for the seller to be credited, at which point, it will be 100% at their discretion as to whether or not they refund me the money.

i'm counting it as an outright loss and really can't use ebay again given that nobody would take responsibility for this.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@une_66 

FlexDelivery.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/personal/receiving/alternative-delivery/flexdelivery.p...

EBay would consider your doorstep as insecure . What steps have you taken to secure it. For example, you could post a Notice on your door saying" No Safe Drop" and asking that your receive a Notice.

You could also ask the seller to charge you for Signature Confirmation, which would have the same effect, more expensively but more successfully.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@une_66 wrote:

i'm counting it as an outright loss and really can't use ebay again given that nobody would take responsibility for this.

I don't like playing the "blame the victim" game, but it's my understanding that it's the responsibility of the buyer to ensure they have a safe way to receive delivered items.  How do other carriers handle items they can't deliver to you personally, @une_66?

That said, if the Uni Uni website states what you say it states, the delivery agent contracted by Uni Uni needs to live up to that claim.

@une_66 wrote:

now i'm waiting for "14 business days" for the seller to be credited, at which point, it will be 100% at their discretion as to whether or not they refund me the money.

This part confuses me.  Was this item forwarded through eBay International Shipping?  If so, the seller's responsibility for the shipment ended once your package was accepted at the forwarding hub in Illinois and it's eBay that's on the hook after that.  The seller has no part in this, although their funds may be put on a temporary hold while this gets sorted out because the automated part of the system that handles non-delivery claims doesn't see eIS shipments as being distinct from direct shipments.

@une_66 wrote:

i'm counting it as an outright loss and really can't use ebay again 

Keep in mind that not all US sellers use the eBay International Shipping service to forward their items out of the country.  Some US sellers still ship directly to the buyer via the US Postal Service/Canada Post or carriers such as UPS and FedEx.  Also, some buyers use established third party forwarding services to handle getting their items to Canada (or wherever) if the seller can't or won't ship outside of the US or use an alternative international shipping method.

The possibly good news is that US sellers will soon be able to give their buyers the choice between eBay International Shipping and another shipping service of their choice, so hang tight for that.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

FlexDelivery.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/personal/receiving/alternative-delivery/flexdelivery.p...

Unfortunately, FlexDelivery would not likely have worked with this shipment as FlexDelivery is a glorified post office box-based system and eIS does not ship to PO boxes.  I doubt carriers such as FedEx or Uni Uni do, either.

@reallynicestamps wrote:

You could also ask the seller to charge you for Signature Confirmation, which would have the same effect, more expensively but more successfully.

If this were an eIS shipment, all Signature Confirmation would do is ensure that the item gets signed for when it reaches the Illinois forwarding hub.  Whether the item gets a signature at the buyer's door would be up to eIS to decide.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Okay, not the spam or prank callers that they are made out to be after all. But, the part where it really has my stomach churning is location wise. It's not like Canada Post, Fed Ex, UPS or Purilator that have multiple locations, which you can also find nearby. I don't like their ethos of one location per town or city. The only location in Montreal is all the way up Pie IX Blvd near Trans Canada highway- that's a nightmare if you're living downtown.
Message 11 of 11
latest reply