WWYD - should I do a Not as Described?

A dress a bought on ebay arrived.  It was nice but totally off in measurements and doesn't fit, too small and way too long.  The seller doesn't accept returns.  Now I can sell it as I am also a seller, but part of me says why should I.  Would you contact the seller and what would you say?

This is what the listing stated:

Size 1X may also fit a 2x  Please notice measurements

46 to 48" chest

56" Long

What the actual measurements are:

44" chest

60" long

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

That's easy: open an Item Not As Described Return Request because, quite simply, the item is not as described. Send it back. Because the measurements of the dress you received are inaccurate according to the description in the Item Listing, it's an easy case to make and your seller will be obligated to fund the return postage. Then it's done. You send the item back, you get your money back, the dress is back where it belongs to be properly described for another day.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

From China?

The Chinese cannot imagine how big we Westerners get.

I agree with the Not As Described.

The seller is required to send Return Shipping to the unhappy buyer.

If they don't, the buyer is refunded and can leave feedback.

Just do NOT agree to a 'replacement', which won't fit either and will take you past the Dispute deadline.

Refund or return shipping label (leading to refund). Only.

From a seller's point of view, international returns are a pain, because until recently, it was difficult to confidently supply return postage to the buyer.

With Shippo, we Canadian sellers can now send USPS Return Shipping Labels to American customers.

I suspect we could also do this for Australian and British customers, and that US, UK and Aussie sellers can send Canada Post labels to Canadian customers.

Which is helpful for international e-commerce.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

It was not from China.  It was from the US and a US label.  It was NWT's.  It is just they didn't measure it right.  I used to sell clothes many years ago.

I picked it up in the US yesterday.  I was going to drop it off at Chit Chats to return to the US when I get the return postage.   

So you all agree that I should just do a Not as Described and get a return label. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yes.

Which is easier? Using ChitChat Express as the return address? Or asking for a Canada Post return label through Shippo?

These newer systems need as much information as possible so that they can be recommended or not to future buyers.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I would use my address that they sent it to in the US and drop it off at chit chat to return to the US.  I will be out .65 the cost of chit chat service. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply