Waiting for an item is ridiculous long

wh_yuen
Community Member

Recently, ebay allow all seller to set the shipping time after two month is nonsense.

Seller is taking advantage to ship late.  I never received an item before 3 months.

How can buyer to wait ridiculously long for an item?

This will be my last purchase on ebay.  It is time to say goodbye to ebay.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Did the seller or eBay give you the estimated last date for delivery before you purchased? After you purchased?

That would be the time to move on to another supplier.

If the last date for delivery has passed, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received dispute.

If you decide to follow the suggestion that you Contact the Seller (it's not a requirement) all you want from him is : the date of shipping, the service used, and the tracking number.

Do NOT accept an offer of a replacement. It won't arrive either.

If the seller does not give you either a refund or a tracking number that shows the item is in Canada, ask eBay to step in and escalate to a claim.

The seller then has to prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) or you will be refunded.

You have 30 days after the last date for delivery to open a dispute.

If the 'last date' has passed, go to Paypal instead.

Their Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

Same system.

No proof of delivery-- you are refunded.

Most of these slow shippers are overseas and use cheap slow Surface shipping.

And they list on many venues.

Buy Canadian. Problem solved.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Unless your item is a pre-order?

Buy from sellers located in Canada and your item will be in your hands within the week.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You are ordering items from Asia and I suspect that if the shipping is inexpensive, it would take a long time to arrive even if the item was shipped the next day. That is because Canada Post does not consider those packages as a priority...they first process the packages that are using the more expensive trackable methods.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply