Why can't I sign in to eBay?

I cannot seem to sign in to ebay, when I put in my email address and password that I have been using for over 6 months the button that says 'sign in' will not let me depress it to let me in to Ebay

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@stanley613 wrote:

I cannot seem to sign in to ebay, when I put in my email address and password that I have been using for over 6 months the button that says 'sign in' will not let me depress it to let me in to Ebay

Try using a private session / private browsing with your browser (a work-around I use).

Clearing cookies and other data might also work.

Is this the problem you see?

sign in button remains grayed outsign in button remains grayed out

in a private session, the sign in button works (at least for me)in a private session, the sign in button works (at least for me)

tyler@ebay 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi ypdc_denn that is exactly that is happening, what is causing that
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Sorry ypdc_dennis

got your name wrong.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I continue to have troubles signing in on mobile devices but this is the first I've heard of this situation, at least now I know ahead of time what to do about it if it occurs ... thanks.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

@stanley613 wrote:

Try using a private session / private browsing with your browser (a work-around I use).

Clearing cookies and other data might also work.

Is this the problem you see?

sign in button remains grayed outsign in button remains grayed out

tyler@ebay 

Well, I didn't have to wait too long for this identical scenario to frustrate my own ebay sign-in attempt.  

Today's occurrence is the first time I've experienced the greyed out Sign In button as seen above in ypdc_dennis's screenshots. Tried the open an in private session but that did not help in my case. Finally cleared the auto-filled password and typed it in manually which did the trick and activated the Sign In button in blue.

This problem occurred on my Desktop using the Edge browser and Windows 10, with my ebay password saved in Windows so theoretically I should not be needing to constantly retype my password over and over several times each day. Works flawlessly on many other sites but apparently not on ebay!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

when I put in my email address and password

What happens when you use your eBayID?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply