Why does it take so long for E-Bay to get involed with a disputed issue of item "NEVER RECEIVE" 6-Mo

To: E-Bay: Todays Date: June/05/2020       to: Resolution Center

To whom it may concern:

Please past this Message on to someone who can make Policy change.

Whoops:   there’s been a hiccup in the system, “Yes I Know” That’s as far as any message gets.

Back to square one, E-Bay runs you around in a circle on their web-Site.

E-Bay said:

The seller offered another solution

Note! I first ordered item in Jan/2020 it is now Jun/05/2020

The seller has responded to you and offered another solution to solve this issue.

Seller's message:
"Dear friend, I am sorry to waste your time, please give me some time, I will propose a solution to the boss, I wish you a happy life"

This is what I get over and over.

I contacted the Vendor 3-4-5-6 -7-15   times in the last 6-Months): “SIX Months”.

How long does someone have to wait for delivery, for an item that never comes?

I also waited for a second shipment that “I agreed to" and never arrived, that was to be shipped EMS faster service. Item never come.

Now it’s going on 7-Month for the same item.

And my last 2-text messages to the “Seller” Vender; I had requested a Full Refund.

Well now I am Requesting E- Bay        to get involved and make a Request to the Vender for a Full - Refund.

know wonder when I contact E-bay about an issues,” and the computer cannot find my purchase”, with a problem or ISSUES.

E-Bay says:  Sorry, we couldn't find any items from your recent eBay activity.

Note!

Well it’s been 5- 6 Months to comply with a Vender”Seller”  and their entire list of request to kill time, no wonder you can’t find any “Activity”.

I am just lived with this Experience of Online purchasing.

I would like to get a Full Refund.

E-Bay : Why does it take so to get involved: 6-Months

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Why does it take so long for E-Bay to get involed with a disputed issue of item "NEVER RECEIVE" 6-Mo

Did you open a claim on eBay for Item Not Received? If not, it is now too late unfortunately. You have 30 days after the last day of the estimated delivery window. However, PayPal gives you 180 days from date of payment. Maybe you still have time to open a claim there, but you need to hurry.

Also, if you paid by credit card through PayPal, the CC company might be able to help you too if the 2 first options do not work out.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Ebay does not get involved unless you ask them to. There are millions of transactions n the site and they don’t know if there is a problem unless the buyer complains and follows through.  

As the other poster mentioned the buyer can open an eBay claim for an item not received for up to 30 days after the estimated delivery date.  If the seller does not respond in a specific number of days, the buyer can ask ebay to make a decision.  Unless there is a scan showing delivery, eBay would then force the seller to refund. Unfortunately, it sounds as if the seller just kept stringing you along so that time would run out.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You bought and paid  January ?, 2020

What was the delivery window that eBay gave you?

You had 30 days to open a Dispute when the item did not arrive by the deadline.

INSTEAD

You asked the seller for a refund.

He offered a replacement.

He lied.

And you kept asking for the replacement/refund.

And he kept lying.

EBay only allows 30 days from the delivery deadline for a Claim*.

That deadline is well past.

Did you pay by Paypal?

Go to your PP account.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of the page under Tools.

You have 180 days from Payment to open a  PP Claim.

The exact date of your January purchase will be important.

If you bought on Jan 3rd, you are too late.

If you bought on Jan 6th you are still able to Claim.

Ignore the suggestion that you Contact the Seller. You did that.

Ask PP to step in and Escalate the Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery**) he will be forced to refund you. If he doesn't do this voluntarily, PP will refund you and go after him for their money.

If you missed the 180 days from Payment, Paypal deadline, you can also try the credit card that I hope you use to back your PP account. Card policies differ, so you will have to phone the card about a chargeback. Have all your dates, payments and currency*** information handy.

Best wishes.

*You open an eBay Claim in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page. It is fully automatic and usually makes a decision within a week or so.

** And he can't because he never sent anything. He lied.

*** The loonie has dropped considerably since January. You may not receive the exact amount you paid back.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply