Why is it when buy from the USA sellers that Ebay will not accept my postal code ?

tyrno-bl
Community Member

I am having a hard time trying to get ebay to accept my postal code, when it tries to calculate it it comes up as a error. I have tried 4 diff postal codes, i even tried to use ones in other provinces where i have family and still nothing. the only info i found was ebay saying its their system and then in the same post blames canada post then blames their system again and i have no date to go by when it was posted, this has been ongoing for about 1 year now and it has been recently getting worse. I almost missed the deadline for payment on a item because it would not allow m to pay for the item and when ever i selected contact seller in the options it sent me a copy of the message but the seller did not receive it.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Why is it when buy from the USA sellers that Ebay will not accept my postal code ?

When a shipping price can't be calculated the error message about the postal code comes up regardless of what the actual problem is. If you are having problems using various postal codes it is likely that those sellers do not have a shipping price set up for Canada. Before you make the purchase make sure that they do ship to Canada and what the cost will be.

If you have had that problem lately, give us an item number and we'll have a look at the listing to see if that is the problem.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The sellers do ship to Canada, it shows them what the price is, just that they have to enter in with a request total because it will not work for me.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hello 'tyrno-bl',

Can you, as PJ asks, post an item number for one of the listings you are having difficulty buying?

Ebay, for some reason, has made item numbers very difficult to see.  You have to really look for them.

When you click on a listing with the Description tab open and facing you, to the right you will see where it says 

in pale grey  eBay item number, followed by a long series of digits.   If the others here can see the listing it will 

enable them to better assist you in buying and paying for the items you want.

If you are shy and you want it kept private, perhaps you could send her the item number directly and privately?  

But as others read the boards it might be helpful if everyone was able to learn about it.  No matter what the issue is,

you can be sure you are not alone.  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The only other thing I can think of is if you are trying to buy GSP items and get a combined invoice.  That seems 

to pose challenges to those on both sides of the equation.

Is it a GSP seller? 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Do you see Recalculate on the invoice? Or is the seller seeing it?

Don't.

Don't touch it.

Recalculate wipes the entire invoice and you have to start again.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply