Won't be buying any more on ebay during this postal strike issue

As Canada Post has informed China Post, UK Post and apparently USPS not to accept shipments destined to Canada why the rotating strikes are underway at Canada Post I have decided to curtail further purchases of items on eBay.

I can not afford to order parts and components here only to have them held at the border or find out shippers will not ship to Canada. I have clients I have to provide service to and I can not nor will I, keep clients waiting for repairs of their computers etc due to a labor dispute. I will have to seek other sources for these parts and increase the fees accordingly.

I have parts that appear to have left Chicago 3 days ago bound for Canada and have yet to reach Canada. I have already had to apologize to this client for the delay.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Thank you for sharing.

Be sure to write your Member of Parliament. Send by email.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Yeah, I remember this happened a few years ago too. I can't remember if it was the rotating strike or full out strike. But I recall wanting to order stuff and couldn't.

I just finished an order from China, which is via UBI which has a partnership with Canada Post, and CPC confirmed shipment info, so hopefully that will go through, as that was on the 12, so I may have made it in time.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The postal  union enjoys holding people hostage for their extreme demands.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I hope you are lucky and it does arrive fine. I mailed a package 4 days into the strike thing going from northern Ontario to southern Ontario and it still has not been delivered. Tracking keeps saying" Delivery delayed due to postal disruption ". Canada Post keeps moving the delivery date forward. No happy at all the Union decided to hold my package hostage.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You and me both. 

I sell toys. It's Christmas. 

Junior won't be waiting until Jan 25 for his LEGO from Santa, his parents will take their business elsewhere and I'm going to be left in the cold at the only time of year I stand to do brisk sales.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply