Wrong item sent by the seller.

I ordered a jacket last January 29, 2022 and yesterday the package arrived but instead of the jacket that was posted on the seller's account I received a winter pants. I contacted the seller immediately after opening the package but still not responded to my messages. What should I do? This is only my second purchase off of ebay and the first time that I encounter this situation. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It's Saturday, and it is possible that the seller does not work weekends, especially if this is a small private seller.

What you should expect is an apology for the mixup and return shipping* for the pants.

What you can hope for,but should not expect, is the late arrival of your jacket, since it likely was sent to the person who ordered the pants.

If the seller suggests that you send the pants to the actual buyer, he still should refund you for the jacket you did not receive and provide the shipping label.

The big problem here is that neither you nor the seller know what the other guy will do. Or how quickly he will do it.

That's why it is simpler to ask for a refund for the returned pants.

Most people are honest, and so far, this sounds like a bad day for the seller but not the collapse of Western Civilization.

*If the seller is in the USA, you can let him know that he can buy Canada Post shipping labels on Shippo.com or possibly from stamps.com. I've done the former, but not the latter, however stamps.com is well known in the USA.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You have the option of waiting a couple of days to see if the seller messages back. The seller will have the option of asking you to open a return or refund you right away without requiring a return. Or you can open a return now by going to the item in your purchase history and clicking on the dropdown arrow by  that item.  You might have to click on contact seller first. When you open the return choose a reason such as wrong item sent.  Then you will have to wait for the seller to respond.   If they don't respond, you can ask ebay to step in after a few days.

The seller may offer to send you the correct item but in most cases it is best to get your money back first. Then if you still want the original item you can repurchase it.  Make sure that you have a return label from the seller or money for a label before you send the item back.

Where is your seller located..which country?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thank you for your response, the seller is from US.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply