Your item is being inspected at shipping hub

It's already 13 days since the item received at shipping hub on 27 April! I understand that the process takes days or a week but seriously, what is going on here? Paid for closed to USD100 and its going to takes 1 month??
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It might be worthwhile to check the CBSA website to see if your purchase can be imported into Canada. Think of the notorious KinderEgg, available in any Canadian supermarket, but banned in the USA.

This btw is your responsibility. The seller is not required to know the  importation rules for every country in theworld.

What is the last estimated date for delivery? You are covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee against late or non-delivery for 30 days after that.

And finally @fergua3 - This is an example of what happens when a shipment really is held up at the shipping hub.  It is an unusual event.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I am in a similar scenario as of writing this post. A laptop coming in from the US to Canada using eBay's new shipping method that replaced GSP. It has been at the shipping hub in IL for 14 days now. The lapotp is under eBay's certified reburbished program and not something the CBSA would block for example. We are 5 days out from the original targetted delivery date so it's not looking good. It will be a shame if they make a mess of this and it doesn't make it to me because it is a hard to find spec now with all of the stock of this spec sold out in Canada. I will post back on where things go.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@troublecluster_ca wrote:

I am in a similar scenario as of writing this post. A laptop coming in from the US to Canada using eBay's new shipping method that replaced GSP. It has been at the shipping hub in IL for 14 days now. The lapotp is under eBay's certified reburbished program and not something the CBSA would block for example. We are 5 days out from the original targetted delivery date so it's not looking good. It will be a shame if they make a mess of this and it doesn't make it to me because it is a hard to find spec now with all of the stock of this spec sold out in Canada. I will post back on where things go.

There have been reports from others who have had their items handled through eBay International Shipping that suggest that items containing lithium-ion batteries get a rough ride through the program. @troublecluster_ca.  It seems to be a carrier issue, not an issue associated with CBSA.  Your item may be extremely delayed or it may be impounded.  If you haven't looked the tracking up on the Parcelsapp site, you might want to try that to see if there are any event scans that aren't reflected in the tracking on your My eBay.

Since you've tacked onto a six-month old thread, you may find that this thread is closed to further replies when you post back to us.  If that's the case, just start a new thread and include a link back to this one for reference.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply