anyone else had problem with the seller

am having a problem with the seller ordered an ornament that was to play music got it and doesn't work, offered me $3.00 not what I paid, and told me to just use it the way it is... not what he promised not what I expected, very upsetting
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@ronalee2011 wrote:

... ordered an ornament that was to play music got it and doesn't work, offered me $3.00 not what I paid, and told me to just use it the way it is...

Open up an item-not-as-described case through ebay (30 day time limit).

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@ronalee2011 

You have 30 days from delivery to open a Not As Described dispute in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

Skip the suggestion that you Contact the Seller, you already did that.

Ask eBay to step in and Escalate to a Claim.

The seller will be told to send your return shipping.

If he does, make sure the return is tracked. When it shows back with him, you will be refunded in full.

If he does not, you will be refunded in full.

You also have 60 days from purchase to leave feedback. "Refused return for refund offered partial $3.00 only" for example. Calm and factual is the most effective.

If more than 30 days has passed since delivery, you still can go to Paypal which allows 180 days from Payment for disputes.

The PP Resolution Centre is under Tools at the top of your PP account page.

Unfortunately, the longer dispute period is offset by PP's requirement that the buyer pay for tracked return shipping.

When it shows back with him, you will be refunded in full.

You are also protected by the chargeback policy of the credit card you use to back your PP account. Policies differ.

So you have three methods of getting your money back. The eBay system is robotic, and you have to keep on top of it, but it does work pretty smoothly.

Come back and let us know how it goes.

PS- eBay employees don't often come here. The posters are just members like yourself.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

thank you for you reply my intent was only to find out if this was something that this seller did.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

While feedback is very very limited, less than 40% of transactions get any feedback, and I suspect most of that is left by sellers, reading not only the FB received but the FB left for others by a seller, may give you a picture of his personality and customer service.

And don't just look at the percentage.

New sellers often make mistakes and end up with terrible feedback from disappointed customers while some mega-sellers have 100% ratings but hundreds of negative and neutral FB.

It's worthwhile reading the FB. Just click on the number to show only negs.

What you are looking for is a pattern.

If the FBshows that most buyers are disappointed about quality or slow delivery, there is a problem. If the buyer seems overly entitled (Arrived in 4 days instead of 2!!!!!) or batguano nertz, that's another.

And those mega-sellers? They may have hundreds of negs, but hundreds of thousands of happy customers. Again, patterns.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply