bought a sewing machine...seller disappeared

Bought a sewing machine, payment went through, order shipped all looked good. But now the seller is no longer registered, the item was taken down, and it won't show me tracking info or an ETA.  I can't contact Ebay via phone because I don't have access to one atm, but I can't contact seller. I'm worried that I've been swindled. Any advise on how to get an answer?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

bought a sewing machine...seller disappeared

EBay does this stupid and annoying thing where they take down fraudulent listings, without allowing those who may have bought and paid for the (probably nonexistent) item to access the transaction number.

@anto-sqgxa5aza 

Go to your Paypal account. The transaction should still be there and also the number.

The eBay Resolution Centre is at the bottom of this page.

Open an Item Not Received Dispute, and state in it that the seller is Not A Registered User (NARU).

You don't have to Contact the Seller. That's only a suggestion and in this case would do no good.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (and he can't) you will be refunded by eBay. Then they go after him for their money.

Now.

If you have a problem with that, and you shouldn't, you are also covered by Paypal's Buyer Protection for 180 days from payment.

Same system. No proof of delivery(not shipping , delivery) and you will be refunded.

BTW, you are also covered by the chargeback policy of the credit card you use to back your PP account but card policies differ.

Important.

Start with eBay. Then PP. Then the card.

Because if there is a card case open, PP and eBay will not allow their disputes. If there is a PP case, eBay will not allow their dispute.

If you need more help, come back to this post and hit Reply to ask.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply