comter offer

i counter offer nut did not commit to buy can you tell me if the seller has the right to ask you to pay when i counter offerd and chnged my mind i dont feel this is fair and sellers should be told when some one commits to biy  thats when you have the right to ask for payment not counter just means they are asking for a differnet price not commiting to buy  

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

comter offer

A counteroffer is a commitment to buy. If the seller accepts your counter to their counter, you’ve bought it. It’s not a game, it’s business. The rule to follow is ‘don’t submit offers unless you’re ready to pay for them’.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

comter offer

Also, you’ve got a Feedback count of 300 and you’re registered as a member since 2005 plus the rules of Best Offer are explained as you make an offer. Questions about Make an Offer generally are not posed by experienced members of 13 years on eBay.

This explains it all:

https://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/best-offer.html

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

comter offer

mcrlmn
Community Member
Oh my... But you did commit to buy.
Offer, counteroffer? If the seller accepts, you got your wish for a done deal.
The query to commit to buy is pretty clear before you hit the submit offer button.
You do have the option to retract, but within a limited time of your offer submission.
Obviously that elapsed.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

comter offer

A buyer can ask the seller to cancel the transaction.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

comter offer

Yes, the buyer can ask for a Cancellation and if one is not forthcoming, wait out the process of an Unpaid Item reminder and take the strike as a 'lesson learned' for next time. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

comter offer

amcdc79
Community Member

From ebay link provided above by momcqueen,

"If a seller accepts your offer, you're required to complete the transaction."

Pretty much sums it up, your counter offer is an "offer" to purchase at that price.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply