The seller did say the parcel has
been mailed through Royal Mail
International UK .

With no tracking number I have
no idea where my parcel is.

Its terrible how some ebay seller
in the UK don't provide tracking
numbers and they should.

The parcel will probably take a month to get to Canada , just like one other time.

Daryl Shim , Canada

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

ebay selller

A tracking number is a way to protect sellers against false "Item not received" cases. It doesn't guaranty in any way that you will receive your package. If a parcel is lost, it's really lost, even with a tracking number.

That being said, most of the time, an item from the UK to Quebec (where I live) takes less than 2 weeks to arrive. Depending on where you are, it can be a little longer - or faster.

EBay gave you an estimated delivery date for your purchase. If it doesn't arrive by that date, you can open an INR case with eBay. But please, the key word here is "patience". Order by mail always takes time.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

ebay selller

I have bought from UK sellers in the past, often without tracking #, it was explained to me that the cost of shipping with tracking is much higher.
I see no reason to worry.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

ebay selller

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

ebay selller

"Its terrible how some ebay seller
in the UK don't provide tracking
numbers and they should."

Did you ask the Seller in advance if they would be providing a tracking number? Did you ask the Seller any questions about shipping options at all?  Then why are you blaming the Seller for your lack of inquiries?

If you want something shipped with tracking, it's your responsibility to ASK!

Many, many Sellers do not offer tracked shipping services in a listing because of the costs, Buyers never want to pay for it!

And, BTW a Seller in NOT obliged to provide a tracking number, but a Buyer who really wants tracking should ask...

This avoids situations such as this.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply