havn't received my item which was bought from USA (over 2 weeks already)

I bought one item from USA on mid Feb.  Seller dispatched the next day, but 2 weeks now, I still havn't received it.

The item only costs around USD3.  Should I cantact seller now?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: havn't received my item which was bought from USA (over 2 weeks already)

You don't say where in the US the item was located.  2 weeks is just an estimate and my experience is that is usually takes closer to 3 weeks for items sent from US.  It also depends on which shipping option you paid for. If cheapest slowest option, it may even take 4 weeks.

Certainly you can let the seller know that it hasn't arrived yet just so they are aware and it always is interesting to see how a seller is going to handle things like this.  Their response will help you decide what to do if the item hasn't arrived within a given time.

Hope it arrives soon!

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

First class packages from the US can take up to 4 weeks to arrive. Even Priority US can take that long as Canada Post always downgrades the service when the item clears customs. Be patient and keep track of the days passing just in case.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Wow, it's really a long time from USA to Canada.

I send items to USA, it usually takes only 5 days to reach my clients.  Why it takes such a long time from USA to Canada?

I think it's better to buy things from a Canadian seller in the future.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Wow, it's really a long time from USA to Canada.

I send items to USA, it usually takes only 5 days to reach my clients.  Why it takes such a long time from USA to Canada?

I think it's better to buy things from a Canadian seller in the future.

You mean the 3 items you've sent there so far?

That is hardly a basis to make that type of statement on.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I wouldn't panic.

Usually just over two weeks for an item to arrive from the US from my experiences.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Included in emails to US buyers is the following statement.

Should  take about 10  to 14 days, and sometimes longer if it gets caught up
in the postal system or in customs....

No reference to business days...  Actual days only... 7 days per week

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

3 weeks already...?:|

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Is this for the poly bags? You purchased them on the 12th so the seller mailed them on Feb 13th. That means it will be 3 weeks on Wednesday so I would probably contact the seller the end of the week to ask if they have anyinformation on the shipment.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really it is becoming more a normal trend that we get our packages from USA in 3 to 6 weeks, never mind if they are priority, first class, etc.  We need to be more patience and accept that is going to a normal trend for that kind of slow mail service from USA now.  I get 2 to 10 packages from USA every week and have seen it becoming much slower and slower now. 

A few times I would be surprised when they arrived much faster than expected.  It pays to be patience.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Yes, it's the poly bags.  I'm still waiting for it...

I was wondering to contact seller or not, now I will wait for 2 more weeks and then contact them if I still not receive it.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

received this afternoon, 3 weeks, it's still reasonable, isn't it?:-)

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

received this afternoon, 3 weeks, it's still reasonable, isn't it?:-)

Yes it is a reasonable time

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Check the postmark. If the seller shipped promptly (24 to 48 hours) then he did his job. The PO may have fallen down, but the time frame is slow normal. 

Annoying but normal.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Don't forget that it could take even more than the 48 hours if you paid on a Friday since mail dropped off at the post office late Friday or on a Sat. doesn't actually get picked up until Monday (unless you are in downtown in a major city).

In my rural area (just outside a major city) the mail dropped off on a Friday after 4:00 pm doesn't leave my local post office until after 4:00 pm on Monday. Doesn't even reach the main P.O. until Tuesday morning according to my mail lady (she drops it off when she goes in to sort the mail). Also, if Monday is a holiday everything gets held up one more day!

Message 15 of 15
latest reply