item not recieved yet

hi everyone i orderd an item from china and it was shipped on the 1st of august according to ebay and the item still hasent arrived 25 days later should i be worried? does it usually take a month for an item to be delivered from china to canada? should i open a dispute?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

item not recieved yet

forgot to mention i have contacted the seller twice but all i get is "the item was shipped on the 1st"

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

item not recieved yet

Items from China can often take quite a while to arrive. I've ordered several things that have taken over a month to arrive from China. In a similar vein, I've ordered things from China that have never arrived.

I'd give it a little longer. You have up until 45 days after the listing ended to file an 'Item Not Received' case. I would suggest that if you don't receive the item by Day 40 you should open up one of these cases. eBay will protect you as a buyer and if the item doesn't arrive you will receive a full refund.

Here is some information you can check out on the topic:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

item not recieved yet

Give it a few more days, but it if hasn't arrived by August 30, file the Item Not Recieved dispute.

Either it will (by Murphy's Law) show up in your mailbox immediately or you will be refunded. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

item not recieved yet

Opening a case now would be a poor choice and would give the seller a defect that was not deserved. We buy from china and hong kong frequently and things take quite long to arrive but that is just the way it is. Take a look at the postmark when it arrives and you will see the real time frame. .

We would open a case on day 43 or 44.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

item not recieved yet

No, you shouldn't be concerned - taking into account Business Days (not weekends) items from China in my experience mostly take longer. Be patient and no dispute as of this date!
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

item not recieved yet

Sounds like the same seller who ripped me off at the end of june. My experience with sellers in china (shipping to north america) is 3 weeks. You have according to Ebay 45 days to report non-shipment of product so contanct the seller again an tell them you will report them at say 40 days for non shipment and if you haven't recieved what you paid for by then do so before your 45 days are up no matter what promises or excuses they give. Scammers routinely operate the way you describe as they think nobody will be bothered following up on a small amount. but when they're doing to hundreds (or more) times a year it quickly adds up to a lot.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply