item returned to sender due to shipping address problem

I purchased an item from China.  I just moved and after I had clicked buy now and payed for the item I realized I hadn't changed my address.  I contacted the shipper right away to advise and was told that they use the global shipping program and I would have to contact Ebay to change the address.  I changed my address in my account but couldn't figure out how to contact eBay about this.  It's not one of the options in the resolution center.  Now that it has been refused at my old address and returned to sender (Pitney Bowes I assume) I have opened a claim and eBay looked into it and they say it was delivered, closed the case and that's it.  I don't know what to do.  Will they change their mind and refund me once they receive my item back at their warehouse?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I'm somewhat puzzled: An item in China can not be sent with GSP -- the item must be located in either the USA or the UK to use GSP.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The MoneyBack Guarantee doesn’t apply to situations where the item is returned to sender due to the buyer supplying an incorrect address. You may ask the seller to refund you but they’re not obligated to do so.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

An immediate Cancel Order Request is the way to resolve an incorrect address. Then change address and repurchase with your refund for the first item. This only works when the item isn’t shipped before the Cancel Order Request comes forward.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

The best you can hope for now is that the seller refunds you cost of item when they get it back. The postage you paid is gone. And the seller probably had to pay return postage from their pocket to get it back. Your seller isn’t responsible to make this right for you, they may have lost as much out-of-pocket on this failed transaction as did you.

If your account is in otherwise good standing, you may try calling eBay Customer Service to see if they might offer you some consolation.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I changed my address in my account but couldn't figure out how to contact eBay about this. 

Did you buy a Change of Address service from Canada Post?

This would not affect parcels, but you can have lettermail redirected for up to 12 months.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply