scammer

pg-080
Community Member

Please be advised that the above seller is a scammer. I purchased two G.I. Joe figures off of him. When my package arrived, only one of the figures was in the box. The box look like someone had cut it open and then re-taped it shut so the seller said that it was probably tampered with upon transport. I asked him why there was two tracking numbers, he said that was just because of the package leaving the states to Canada. I checked the tracking number and confirm that he had sent the second G.I. Joe figure that I purchased to somebody in the states. So basically he charged me full price for two figures only gave me one, then charged another person for my second second figure. I’ve got pictures to prove it.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

scammer

https://www.ebay.ca/help/buying/returns-items-not-received-refunds-buyers/returns-items-not-received...

To help you find the information you need, we've put together an overview of how the process works, with links to useful articles.

When an item doesn't arrive or you need to return something:

1. Open a request to let the seller know that your item hasn't arrived, or that you want to return it.
  2. Try to work things out – we ask sellers to respond within 3 business days and resolve your request.
  3. Ask eBay to step in and help if the seller hasn't responded or things aren't resolved.

Let the seller know by opening a request

If you want to return an item, or if something's gone wrong with your order, the first step is to open a request from your Purchase history. Most sellers are happy to work with you, but if you're unable to resolve an issue or the seller doesn't honour their stated return policy, you may be eligible for eBay Money Back Guarantee.

And you are not allowed to Name & Shame 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

scammer

Re: *************** is a scammer

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

scammer

I checked the tracking number and confirm that he had sent the second G.I. Joe figure that I purchased to somebody in the states. S

In Glendale Heights IL?
That;s the processing plant for the eBay International Shipping program.

That being said, the first is a straightforward Not As Described (NAD) case.

Follow brettjet's instructions.

The seller can refund you or can send you a return shipping label and refund when the doll is delivered.

You will be refunded.

For the second, take your time.

What address was it sent too?

What makes you think there were two shipments? Is it possible both numbers refer to one (short-shipped) package?

You will be refunded, but it is important to open the right kind of Claim.

Because the packages have been delivered  (somewhere) you have to stick with the NAD.

And while it is useful to notify the seller, it is not necessary. And this seller does not sound cooperative.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

scammer

If there were 2 tracking numbers it was likely shipped by th eBay international shipping (EIS).  It would have been sent to Illinois or California , delivered there and then forwarded to Canada with another tracking number.  It's possible that something got lost at the processing center so I wouldn't assume that the seller is being dishonest.  

Do not open an item not received request as tracking will show that the package was received. And the case will automatically be closed.  The only way to handle a situation like this is to open a return request stating that there were missing pieces and explain that you received just 1 of 2 figures.   If it was an EIS shipment, eBay will send you a return label and refund once you return the item.  EBay will receive the item back, not the seller.  

There is a possibility that they will refund without a return but more than likely they will expect you to return the item you did receive so that you can receive a full refund.  Unfortunately there is no process to open a claim for just the missing item when both pieces were bought together.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

scammer

A buyer will lose an  INR if tracking shows as delivered. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

scammer

marnotom!
Community Member
Were the two figures listed together or did you have to purchase from two separate listings from the same seller?
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

scammer

Thanks, Sherlock

But I never said open an INR in any of the posts on this thread to the OP.

You started that "topic"!

I gave the page to the general information about issues with Sellers and purchases for the OP to go read.

At least comment on facts stated, not imaginary conjecture, seems to be an issue with certain types.

FACTS first...!

Message 8 of 8
latest reply