seller doesn't honor it bidding sale

kinokxx0
Community Member

Hi everybody.

It's been 2 weeks since I go back and forth with a seller about an item.

Here the situation.

I win a pair of boots for 20$ that normally cost 150$ to 200$

After that I make the payment, the seller told me the item was smashed by a worker and wanted to give me a refund which I refuse, and ask if they going to get a new one soon.

The answer was only the repair shop in china was close during summer or something like that and they will not be able to send me one for a while.

I got tired of being nice and ask for a picture and it was funny and horrible.

The boot was floating and it was crack like if it was some sort of porcelain.

So I ask to have it anyways, however, they refund me, and they still giving me the same bad excuse for over a week.

"We are sorry for the trouble, we will contact you when we have a new one, we can give you a big discount."

The issue with that sentence is they have the item because I found the boot in their listing.

I try to play dum and see if I can have a date or a price for the discount but they just repeating the same thing.

The question.

Unfortunately, I'm tired of playing nice for the seller, and I want to give them an ultimatum.

I want to put a picture showing they have the boots already so they can't give me the same excuse anymore and tell them they have 2 choices.

Send me the item for the price I pay or I will contact eBay to give them a strike.

However, I don't know if eBay can really do something about that, so I create this post.

I want to punish this seller for this kind of behavior.

It not fair that bad sellers ruin the user experience and tarnish the reputation of all sellers by acting like that.

I'm sorry in advance, English is not my first language and I realize a big this post is now XD.

Thank you in advance and have a great day everybody!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DSRs are meaningless.

Buyers don't understand them and eBay doesn't use them to assess seller accounts.

Just leave appropriate feedback.

The most effective feedback is calm, factual, polite and short.

"Refused to ship Refunded instead Still listed"

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

They do not want to honour their sale.

Neither you nor eBay can force them.

They have promised, more than once, a refund.

Take it.

If you need help to get the refund, go to the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page and open an Item Not Received (INR) Dispute.

You cannot do this until the last estimated date for delivery eBay gave you has passed.

Which is why you would be better just accepting their offer of a cancellation and refund. That takes seconds to complete.

If they do not send a refund while the INR is open, eBay will refund you and go after them for their money.

In addition, refusing will make it harder for them to sell on eBay. Their fees may rise, there may be restrictions on the value and number of listings they can make, and if they earn too many Defects their selling account may be closed.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

kinokxx0
Community Member

Hi.

Thank you for the reply.

For the refund, not only they asked me if I wanted the refund but even if I refuse they give it to me anyway just to not send me the item.

That is why I wanted to know if I had any way to punish the seller's behavior else than just giving it a 1 star.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

DSRs are meaningless.

Buyers don't understand them and eBay doesn't use them to assess seller accounts.

Just leave appropriate feedback.

The most effective feedback is calm, factual, polite and short.

"Refused to ship Refunded instead Still listed"

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi, again.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

I see there's nothing more I can do.

Thank you again for everything and have a great day!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply