seller has been removed by eBay

I paid for an item and found out after the seller was removed from ebay,i sent the seller a message 3 days ago but no response so i contacted ebay for help on an item not received,i pointed to the item and got this message-'We're sorry there's an issue with this purchase. Unfortunately, PayPal reports that we can't open a case for this item. You can try to work out this problem by contacting the seller.'

I phone ebay and got the same message.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Try to go paypal and open a item not received case.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

That message from eBay sounds like boilerplate meant to cover any number of situations.

It is inaccurate.

When a seller has been shut down (Not A Registered User- NARU) or if a particular item has been removed, your payment will still be showing on Paypal.

Go to your PP account and find the transaction.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of your PP account page under Tools.

Open an Item Not Received Dispute.

You have already tried to contact the seller, so skip that suggestion. It's not a requirement.

Ask PP to step in and escalate to a Claim.

State in the Claim /dispute that the seller is NARU and the item has been removed by eBay.

This usually moves things along faster and you will be refunded by Paypal.

Which will then go after the seller-- and they have his financial information.

If that doesn't work, and it should, you are also covered by the credit card I hope you attached to your PP account.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Already went to pp and put in a ticket,only category i could choose was the seller took my payment without authorization,i told them the story ,hope they go with that.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Paypal rejected my claim saying the payment was authorized so the case was closed.Went to my CC to dispute the charge,did that and logged into my pp acount to see that the ebay purchase was canceled and my cc got the refund back.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Good.

A lot of members are paranoid about adding a credit card to their (very anonymous) Paypal account.

But this is the best reason a buyer can have for doing it.

And we sellers appreciate that we actually get paid instantly. If there is only a bank account attached there is a delay of three to five days or more.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply