seller try scam 40 ebay buyers ,ebay wipe negative feedback

moco980
Community Member

seller try scam 40 ebay buyers ,ebay wipe negative feedback,i file a paypal claim,i post negative like others,after a week seller have 100% feedback

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Hi, you cannot open an ebay money back guarantee claim until the last estimated date of arrival has passed ~ if you are talking about the item you purchased on or around Dec 27 the shipping estimate shows me up to 36 business days for delivery ~ has the last estimated date of arrival come and gone for you yet? Then you have 30 days to file an item not received claim with ebay. If you paid with paypal you have 180 days from the time of your payment to file an item not received claim. 

The Seller charged quite a bit for shipping ~ did you get any tracking number?

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

moco980
Community Member

now only have 3 negatives,still cover up......

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

I can't really comment on any cover-up theories because I am not sure what seller you are talking about then and you are not allowed to name a seller specifically. ebay has pretty "strict" rules for removing feedback ~ I don't think it is something they really like to do .... but then why would you buy an item off of someone with so many negative feedback to begin with? Unless I'm not following your  actual complaint at all  ?  Is this for an item you bought or just a seller you have been following? 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

tracking number dont show changes since jan 9,ebay give till feb 14 ,before was feb 5,ebay some times is like flinstones,i now i will get my money back,why take so long ....is obvius the seller hava a problem,

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Depending on where your item is coming from (China for example) there are now very long delivery delays due to customs processing (they are being very stringent about checking incoming packages for illegal drugs) ~ ebay is trying to make sure that the estimated delivery times is in keeping with the customs delays I suppose ~ so yes you do end up having to wait longer but you will still get to open an item not received claim if necessary for up to 30 days after the last estimated arrival date if there is no delivery confirmation. If you really don't want to wait you can try to open a paypal claim for not received ... and when/if the item eventually arrives you can send the Seller a repayment. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

is very simple,me and other 40 buyers buy an ítem december 27, never was shipped.,i can post the ebay scammer but maybe is ilegal.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

paypal refund all,but ebay ,didnt show the true and he still active,i dont thimk was suspended,i i can see his profile

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Yes, do no  post the seller's name ~ I  can see the negative feedback you left a seller so I will assume that is the seller you are speaking about ~ I'm not sure but I don't think you are "allowed" to leave a negative feedback for an item not received when the estimated delivery date has not passed ~ I think in that case a Seller can ask for the negative feedback to be removed because it's not really fair at that point if they have provided a tracking number and the estimated arrival date has not passed yet. I can understand why you are frustrated as a buyer but it may not be the Seller's fault (all of the delays they are facing). 

Again, if you really have no faith that the item will arrive then go to paypal if you paid through them and open an item not received claim ~ they may try to refer you back to ebay but I don't believe it is mandatory that you only file a claim through ebay for an ebay transaction. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

sorry I see we were typing at the same time... so you were refunded through paypal already... that's good

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

How about this:

ebay does take action against Sellers that don't comply with the rules and provide a good Buyer experience. It is not always instantaneous but they do restrict and suspend Sellers when they can prove ill-intent.

But there are times when things are just beyond a Seller's control ~ perhaps your 40 negative Seller shipped 40 things and the airplane crashed or the boat sank or whatever ~ that's not something they should be penalized for beyond having to refund everyone their money.  Again I do understand your frustration as a Buyer ~ and that's why there is an ebay money back guarantee and a paypal money back guarantee and as an extra level of protection fund your paypal payments with a credit card so you can file a chargeback through your CC provider as a last resort. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

maybe the seller died in the crash because he never answer nothing,ebay protect to much the sellers,even dont check tracking even if you have an issue.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply