what does seller mean by "contact me from the page where you placed your order"

I placed an order from a Japanese seller months ago, the item was shown as shipped on September 24, I still have not received the shipment and the order info does not show a tracking number except a progress bar for the shipping. So I messaged the seller to ask for a tracking and the seller replied that he does not have a record of my purchase and I needed to contact him from the page I made the order. So I went to the page of the order and clicked contact seller and it lead me to the same page as before, where theres a bunch of FAQs like "details about item" "shipping" "return" and at the bottom it says "still have questions? contact seller". I  don't know what the difference is from my previous message.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Going from your purchase order page should tell the seller which sale along with your message.

Although it does sound like the seller does not know how to find orders that are older than 90 days (ebay's display default). The seller has to adjust the time display range on their orders page to see the older sales.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If no tracking number was shown it was probably sent without tracking. Sellers can send items without tracking to save money but if buyer does not receive item (and there's no proof of delivery) they can request a refund through eBay. It's unfortunate that it was over 4 months ago you placed order as that is too late to deal with it through eBay. What was the estimated delivery date? You have 30 days from estimated delivery date to open a case/request a refund with eBay.

As ypdc has said the reason he would have said contact him through orders page is he can no longer see it on his end. If you used Paypal they allow up to 180 days to open a case/request refund but eBay's is 30 days from estimated delivery.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply