will i not recieve my package from china because of COVID 19?

I have ordered several small things from China between the very end of Decemeber and into early April. I have received 1 of 10 orders. With the pandemic, am I never going to get them? Sellers have assured me they were sent and tracking shows they departed the country but they don't show up. I feel awful expecting a refund when it's not the sellers fault. 30 days past the due date should be enough time right?
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nothing to do with COVID-19 likely a lot to do with scams.

tracking shows they departed the country but they don't show up.

Well, that's a help.

Between the Lunar New Year in February, and short staffing in postal systems due to illness, and reduced cargo space because many airlines have cut back flights, shipping is unusually slow.

BUT

That is the seller's problem not yours.

EBay gave you a window for delivery for those nine undelivered items.

Go back and note those last day for delivery on your calendar.

After that date you have only 30 days to open a Dispute (Item Not Received -INR) in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

When you do this the first suggestion (not a command)  is to contact the seller.

All you want from him is your money back.

No replacements. No waiting period.

Do NOT close the Dispute until you see the money in your Paypal account.

Any mention that you should close the Dispute to get the refund is a blatant scam.

Be tough. It's your money.

If the seller does not refund promptly, ask eBay to step into the Dispute and escalate it to a Claim.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

If you have missed the eBay deadline, you are still protected by the Paypal Buyer Protection policy.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of you PP account page under Tools.

The system is basically the same.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping, delivery) you will be refunded.

You may also be covered by the chargeback policy of the credit card you used to back your PP account. Card policies differ.

If one of your purchases arrives after you have been refunded, you can return the refund using PP's Send Money service.

While most purchases go smoothly, it is important to read feedback before buying.

What you are looking for is a pattern of complaints about slow shipping, poor quality, bad communication, or outright fraud. The number of complaints is less important than the pattern.

Feedback is opinion, the Resolution Centre is action.

It is also important to note the "handling time" the seller gives and the delivery window eBay gives before paying, and to record the last estimated date for delivery  so as not to miss out on the opportunity for refunds.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Nothing to do with COVID-19 likely a lot to do with scams.

tracking shows they departed the country but they don't show up.

Well, that's a help.

Between the Lunar New Year in February, and short staffing in postal systems due to illness, and reduced cargo space because many airlines have cut back flights, shipping is unusually slow.

BUT

That is the seller's problem not yours.

EBay gave you a window for delivery for those nine undelivered items.

Go back and note those last day for delivery on your calendar.

After that date you have only 30 days to open a Dispute (Item Not Received -INR) in the Resolution Centre at the bottom of this page.

When you do this the first suggestion (not a command)  is to contact the seller.

All you want from him is your money back.

No replacements. No waiting period.

Do NOT close the Dispute until you see the money in your Paypal account.

Any mention that you should close the Dispute to get the refund is a blatant scam.

Be tough. It's your money.

If the seller does not refund promptly, ask eBay to step into the Dispute and escalate it to a Claim.

If you have missed the eBay deadline, you are still protected by the Paypal Buyer Protection policy.

The PP Resolution Centre is at the top of you PP account page under Tools.

The system is basically the same.

You may also be covered by the chargeback policy of the credit card you used to back your PP account. Card policies differ.

If one of your purchases arrives after you have been refunded, you can return the refund using PP's Send Money service.

While most purchases go smoothly, it is important to read feedback before buying.

What you are looking for is a pattern of complaints about slow shipping, poor quality, bad communication, or outright fraud. The number of complaints is less important than the pattern.

Feedback is opinion, the Resolution Centre is action.

It is also important to note the "handling time" the seller gives and the delivery window eBay gives before paying, and to record the last estimated date for delivery  so as not to miss out on the opportunity for refunds.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply