Cancel a Purchase

I recently signed onto ebay and didn't realize that the product I purchased was going to cost me 2 1/2 times as much because of exchange, tariffs and shipping. I now know I have to buy within my country and have to figure out how to specify that. I don't know how to cancel that order or how to reach the seller. Can you please cancel my order: 

Item no:291229574917
Listing date: 28/08/14
End date: 28/08/14

My apologies for this mix-up.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Cancel a Purchase

Try to delete your post as soon as possible.

This is a member to member PUBLIC forum and is not monitored by eBay.

Too much information.

For the cancellation: go to the listing and click on Contact Seller. Explain the problem (if eBay wants to know click on "other" the seller will appreciate it. The other choices give him a totally undeserved black mark.)

Ask him for a Mutual Cancellation. If he agrees (and he doesn't have to) accept it immediately and leave positive feedback (like "Thank you for helping a newbie with her first transaction") . He can also leave you positive feedback.

The alternative is that he starts an Unpaid Item Dispute. This gives you a Strike if you don't pay, and many sellers automatically Block bidders with Strikes.

To avoid listings using the Global Shipping Program, watch for this note on the listing:

Customs services and international tracking provided

Those are the ones that charge duty, sales tax and a service fee up front. But note that you may still have to pay these (legal ) charges on your doorstep.

Also if you are interested in an item, but not yet ready to buy, there is a button called "Watch This Item" below the 'Buy/ Bid" button.  Very useful.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply